Don't think you need a screen protector?

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I always use a tempered glass screen protector. I rarely walk out the store with a new phone without one

I think if you have kids it is almost a necessity. Plus, even a tiny scratch on the screen annoys the hell out of me. I rather have peace of mind than be super anal all the time about my screen.

Currently have the Zagg tempered glass on my 6 plus

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus with Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I use an anti glare film and the Apple silicone case on my 6 Plus.
I'm a bit of a klutz lol.
On my old 6 and now on my Plus, my device got tumbled around in my gear bag with keys and the film got all scratched up.
But underneath the screen was flawless.
So I replace the films as they get scratched and I'm happy.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Always use a screen protector (and a minimalist case -- Apple leather daily and Apple silicon while exercising) and this is an excellent example why. However to each his/her own and if you feel ok not having simple and pretty cheap protection for your iPhone screen then carry on!

emiandri

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Good to know your phone is ok after that fall... I have a screen protector and a spigen neo hybrid case just in case... Thanks for the story!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Gunny Fitz

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Please school me on these screen protectors folks?

Does use of these tempered glass ones inhibit ANY function whatsoever on the device? (such as touch sensitivity, 3D Touch, swiping, etc)
Are some of them "thicker" than others which may effect what I asked above?
Do any of them prevent use of ANY type of case as well, or do they JUST cover the glass portion edge to edge?
And lastly (which Im sure is opinionated) Which are the absolute BEST BRANDS of them to use on the 6s Plus? (Price is NOT an issue for me!)

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to getting one on my FIRST iPhone in approximately 7 years! :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently only have my Otterbox Commuter on my 6s Plus. No screen protector. I may get one, but I can't find my round tuit. I'm not too concerned though. Never dropped an iPhone in 3 years. I'm retired and a homebody mostly on carpet. When I'm out and about, I'm very careful. That said, there's always a first time. Those not concerned about it have Applecare+. I don't have it. So I'll opt for a screen protector soon.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Mine fell face down off my lap in my Expedition onto the pavement. My screen totally cracked under my Zagg Glass Screen protector. :(

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not one that does extreme sports or anything but I do use a screen protector. Primary reason being I've been known to swap between iOS and Android so I like my devices in mint condition. I'm trying to buck that trend though (been on iOS since July 8) so I've scaled the case down to a SlickWrap and my PS Anti-Glare SP

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I decided to forgo a screen protector this time around, and after a little over a month I have no scratches to speak of..(knocking on wood)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Always have. Never had to find out if it works or not. I think it is partly for peace of mind, but I would hope that they work likes the OP's tale.

docal97

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Had the Zagg glass on my iPhone 6. problem was that the screen cracked about 4 or 5 times in the year that I had it. And I never dropped the phone once. Had to pay the installation fee to have it replaced each time. Probably spent close to the cost of a new screen with all of these costs.

So now I'm without a screen protector, although I'm looking for something thin and one that is glass to put on my 6S.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I spend $6 on Amazon for Anker glass. A single little scratch would annoy the sheet out of me. A glass screen protector feels like there is no screen protector on it. It feels original. To me, it's all about peace of mind.

muchmaligned

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'd have definitely said "absolutely no" to this, *before* I got a 6 plus - Speaking from experience it does not take a large drop onto an unforgiving surface to shatter the screen corners.

Having had every single iPhone since launch day I have always shunned casings and had the odd mishap which was never a problem (the original iPhone was hewn from a block of solid granite and just painted silver). For the phat, fat 6 plus I have had to relent and go with a tempered glass screen protector and a spigen slimline case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73