Sprint is the best!

Sent from my  6+
    02-15-2015 06:27 PM
    Sprint is the best!

Sent from my  6+
    The greatest at what? Dropping calls and having slow data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    02-15-2015 06:55 PM
    I've had Verizon service for over 10 years. Always great customer service. It doesn't get any better. If they don't know, they put me through to a Verizon Apple tech. If they don't know, they put me through to Apple Support free. I've never had any issues with Verizon at all. I have no idea about AT&T. I'm totally satisfied with Verizon.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (No longer trustworthy).
    Yeah, I don't know why people are always saying their support sucks, whenever I have an issue it rarely takes more than 30 mins to fix. The longest it ever took was an hour, but that was for a really complicated issue with a blackberry bold not syncing up to the network properly. They sent me to blackberry, and it took them a week to finally issue the network updates to the darn phone.
    Chrisy and beeray like this.
    02-15-2015 09:34 PM
    Verizon for me. I travel all over for work, rural & city, and I'm never without a signal. My bill isn't very expensive either...$300 for 4 lines.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-15-2015 10:44 PM
    The greatest at what? Dropping calls and having slow data.

Sprint is the best!

Sent from my  6+
    Sprint is pretty bad. The area that I live in I'd close to Richmond, VA which is basically the only place I could get 4G/LTE which was very spotty it would connect then disconnect within a 10ft range almost.. I was with sprint for almost 5 years and became tired of paying for LTE service that I couldn't use and bad reception most places I traveled to.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
    02-15-2015 11:37 PM
    Been with AT&T since the Cingular days. Coverage good on E.Coast, talk and surf is good and rollover data, yeah that's a biggie :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-16-2015 07:44 PM
    I've been with ATT since 09 after spending 2 years on big red, and prior to that I was on ATT/Cingular from 07-09 after leaving nextel and Idk about coverage where you live but they keep one upping each other here in Cleveland, and ATT keeps beating them according to rootmetrics.com ... if coverage isn't an issue, MOST def ATT .. cust service is WAY better, they are a little bit cheaper and with rollover data now, perk after perk... verizon is all about show me the money... wasted 2 years with them blood suckers
    02-16-2015 07:57 PM
    I didn't read the entire thread but one major thing to consider if it hasn't already been said. You can talk and surf on an iPhone w Verizon whereas you can w AT&T. It has nothing to do w network superiority but w the antennae that is built into the iPhones. since there is only one iPhone version of each model, Apple has basically taken a stance not to support CDMA the same way they do w GSM. There are way more users worldwide on GSM.
    02-17-2015 10:41 AM
    I didn't read the entire thread but one major thing to consider if it hasn't already been said. You can talk and surf on an iPhone w Verizon whereas you can w AT&T. It has nothing to do w network superiority but w the antennae that is built into the iPhones. since there is only one iPhone version of each model, Apple has basically taken a stance not to support CDMA the same way they do w GSM. There are way more users worldwide on GSM.
    Meant to say you can't talk and surf on VZW. VZW will come out w VOLTE but both parties must be on it to work.
    02-17-2015 10:43 AM
    Yes you can talk and surf on VZW.
    02-17-2015 01:43 PM
    Yes you can talk and surf on VZW.
    When on Wifi for data, yes... Or when using VoLTE... iPhones still have just one set of antennae and when on a call, unless on VoLTE - that antenna is connected to to the iPhone's legacy 3G/CDMA radio for connectability to Verizon's voice network. - and it's not physically possible to do cellular data and a call at the same time.
    Last edited by kch50428; 02-17-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: tweak
    02-17-2015 01:54 PM
    Actually I don't think that both parties have to be on VoLTE for the voice and data thing to work. But they do have to be for HD voice.
    02-17-2015 05:27 PM
    When on Wifi for data, yes... Or when using VoLTE... iPhones still have just one set of antennae and when on a call, unless on VoLTE - that antenna is connected to to the iPhone's legacy 3G/CDMA radio for connectability to Verizon's voice network. - and it's not physically possible to do cellular data and a call at the same time.
    That's one limitation with Verizon that I do not like! Now when I had an Android Thunderbolt, on VZW, it was capable of phone and data at the same time. Why is that?! I was so excited that Verizon had gone that way only to discover you can't on iPhone. But def could on my Thunderbolt!
    02-17-2015 08:10 PM
    Thunderbolt and other droids have 2 antennas.
    02-18-2015 01:18 AM
    Apple chose not to include two antennas presumably because it adds to battery drain.
    02-18-2015 01:02 PM
    Ahhh, the HTC Thunderbolt. Verizon's first LTE smartphone. I remember the Android Central videos of the battery percentage dropping literally within seconds of just sitting on a table. I guess we had to start somewhere with LTE smartphones.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-18-2015 01:36 PM
    From VZW Website.

Advanced Calling 1.0 provides iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus customers with simultaneous voice and 4G LTE data capability. With Advanced Calling 1.0, when your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus is connected to the Verizon 4G LTE network, you can surf the web, continue a download, use an application, or use a feature like Mobile Hotspot while talking on a call, regardless of whether the person you're calling has Advanced Calling 1.0 or not.

If you're not connected to the Verizon 4G LTE network, you can talk and simultaneously browse the web or run other data applications when connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Advanced Calling 1.0 for Apple Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-18-2015 01:45 PM
    Just a couple of observations from a thread like this:

People place value in different core aspects of their service. Many will say they enjoy having consistent, reliable coverage while others appreciate having strong customer service.

A person here has mentioned leaving a carrier for a phone (previous example was Verizon to AT&T for the iPhone 3GS) which in my opinion is a definite no-no. You need to shop for coverage first, then the phones, and ultimately the plans and customer service offerings.

All I can tell to people looking to switch, considering a switch, etc. - is to try out the networks in the places they will use their phone. And really, the places you will use the phone. I travel an hour one way to work each day, and cover a lot of ground. My signal goes from amazing to terrible several times. I know there are places where I'm more susceptible to a dropped call, so I avoid them when possible. Between Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T, I can honestly say that I got the most consistent coverage with AT&T. My sister-in-law and her husband have T-Mobile and experience spotty coverage, however it's better than the Sprint coverage they had. My mother-in-law and father-in-law both have Verizon, but they can't get a strong signal in their home. That would be a deal breaker for me but they travel a lot, so not getting a cell signal at home isn't the end of the world.

I've traveled across the states on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Sprint's coverage was the worst. My phone worked as I expected with Verizon as it did with AT&T. It wasn't really a "fair" challenge of either network since I traveled within major metropolitan areas. In terms of consistency, value, and customer service I pick AT&T. But, if their coverage is bullocks in your neck of the woods, I'd suggest trying out all the carriers to find a suitable alternative.
    02-18-2015 02:10 PM
    I have both carriers and I must say I prefer ATT more because I can talk and surf the web at the same time. Although Verizon has great coverage ATT is just as good for me. I've been trying to make a decision which service I'm gonna give up at the end of the year and I can't decide! They both have something great that works for me in my area.
    02-19-2015 06:19 PM
    At&t has the best service in my area. I also believe they have the best customer service. Every carrier has its faults but for the money, I'll stay with At&t.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-19-2015 08:16 PM
    I have both carriers and I must say I prefer ATT more because I can talk and surf the web at the same time. Although Verizon has great coverage ATT is just as good for me. I've been trying to make a decision which service I'm gonna give up at the end of the year and I can't decide! They both have something great that works for me in my area.
    That problem is not with the carrier, the problem is your iPhone. I know tons of people with android phones on Verizon that are able to talk and surf the net at the same time.
    02-20-2015 08:47 AM
    I'm going to weigh in on this one because this is my profession. I sell mobile phones for a living and I am a manager for a Target Mobile in the Mlps area. Having said that I have both Verizon and AT&T for service. AT&T is my personal carrier for my family and I've been with them for over 10 years. I've had the Verizon line for 3 years and I use it for my Android phone. A Galaxy Note 4 in case you're wondering. On my AT&T lines I have a iPhone 6 Plus and a Nexus 6. You didn't mention which phone it was you wanted to get in the first post and that is a crucial point that has been debated here over and over in this thread. Those who have posted that you cannot surf and talk on Verizon are correct and not correct. It depends on 2 things. First if you have a iPhone 5S or older that is true that you cannot surf and talk on the cellular network. It is correct that many have posted that it has to do with the number of antenna that Apple chose to use in that model and earlier. If you have an Android phone it is not correct. I'm not aware of any Android LTE phones on Verizon that you couldn't do this on. The other factor that is not mentioned here is what market you're in. I live in an area that has the new Verizon XLTE and it is amazingly fast and it is VOLTE. The iPhone 6/6Plus is a phone that has the ability to do VOLTE and it does it amazingly well.

If I was looking for a new carrier (if I wasn't in a complex area of staggared upgrades and such with AT&T) I would without a doubt choose Verizon for it much superior LTE network. They have the most $$ invested in their infrastructure and being that they were the first carrier in the U.S. to build a full coverage LTE network they have much of an advantage in that they're already nearly done building out their next gen LTE (which I referred to earlier as XLTE) The only other carrier that has a network that is being built with as updated infrastructure is T-Mobile, but their problem is that they will never have the coverage that Verizon has. They just simply don't have the money to compete with them. AT&T is building their next gen (if you could call it XLTE that would be the closest thing to it), but they're way behind Verizon at this point. AT&T is very quiet about what they're doing with their network and don't boast about it like Verizon does.

Also all of Verizons phones are unlocked! Including the iPhones from iPhone 5 and newer. You can use them on any carrier and also travel the world and it will work with any GSM nano sim card.
    02-20-2015 12:50 PM
    I have been with Verizon as well as AT&T. When I was with AT&T, I was using the iPhone 5S. At the time my small town did not have AT&T LTE, and for some reason HSPA+ was very slow. In fact Siri would timeout on me many times when asking it to do thinks like change my music, etc... My town has implemented AT&T LTE in the last few months and it seems to be very fast. I always thought the call quality on AT&T was really good. I'm currently with Verizon and have no complaints. My iPhone 6 has been very reliable with Verizon backing it. My speeds with Verizon are 40 down and 10 up with a ping of about 50 ms. I was fortunate to get the $60 plan they were offering for new customers back in September of 2014, which offered unlimited talk and text with 2 gigs of data. My bill comes out to $65.09 nearly every month. My bill with AT&T was about $10 more at the time and that was with only 1 gig of data.

02-20-2015 10:40 PM
48 12