'Handoff' not working

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to get 'Handoff' to work on my iPhone 6 and my 2014 MacBook Air, but for some reason it won't work. They both have Bluetooth turned on, connected to same Wi-Fi and have the same i-Cloud log in, but for some reason, I cannot get 'continuity' to work. I tested to see if a keynote presentation started on my Air would be picked up on my iPhone and vice versa, but it wasn't. The same thing happened with a web page in Safari on both my iPhone and Air. I have logged off i-Cloud on both of the devices, turned them off then restarted them and signed in i-Cloud. But it still won't work. Please help me!

PS: Why does it only state that my Air is registered to my Apple ID.. My phone should be registered to it as well...

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Silly thing but in order for it to work the source device NEEDS to have whatever you're trying to handoff with open onscreen. For example if you want to pickup an email you started on the original device the original device needs to have that email open onscreen.

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I got mail to work, but only mail works vice versa. When I open safari on my Mac, the option to swipe up to go there won't come up. I can open a Keynote presentation started on my iPhone to work on my Mac...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2