How can I reset the lock screen passcode?

mcfarlandc82

May 12, 2015
Visit site
now the only way i can do anything is by fingerprint. How can i get the 4 digit main pass code reser??? Thanks I cant even download apps or anyrhing with it

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Re: replacement phone and i put oin wrong password

If you go into settings and Touch ID and passcode, you can't make any changes there? Maybe perform a hard reset to factory...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

now the only way i can do anything is by fingerprint. How can i get the 4 digit main pass code reser??? Thanks I cant even download apps or anyrhing with it

You're going to have to restore your device in order to start over with a new 4-digit lock screen passcode.

mcfarlandc82

May 12, 2015
Visit site

i am completely locked out now. Whenever get on says put in 4 digit code then locks for 60 mins. I tried to hook up to itunes and wouldnt do anything bc device is locked. what to do now? Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
replacement phone and i put oin wrong password

i am completely locked out now. Whenever get on says put in 4 digit code then locks for 60 mins. I tried to hook up to itunes and wouldnt do anything bc device is locked. what to do now? Thanks

After 60 minutes, try restoring via iTunes again. Alternatively, you can put your device in recovery mode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263