iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If pulling a case off of any other phone wouldn't bend it then it shouldn't bend the iPhone. Perhaps it does, but it shouldn't. My whole thought about this bendy thing is that, yes, a phone can bend but that the iPhone shouldn't bend any easier than say...a Note Edge, Nexus 6, or any other device. However, you're not reading reports of these phones bending.

This leads me to believe that my iPhone 6+ does, in fact, bend easier than other devices. Yet it cost the same or more than other devices. Shouldn't it be as durable, or more-so, as its competitors under the same conditions, not less?

I like my 6+ fine but the fact that I have to consider whether or not its going to bend under normal conditions, like removing a case, is simply not good. I believe Apple will address this in the next version. ...in the meantime I'll have to keep trying to be extra careful.

What I'm saying is pure speculation. I haven't a clue if taking a really snug case off an iPhone 6 Plus bends it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that a bit morally wrong to have a bent phone, bend it back and sell it as new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, if I am that conflicted then I would just get it replaced with the AppleCare + and sell it. And I feel like Apple would do nothing and say nothing is wrong and tell me to get the heck out of the store with that non bent perfect looking phone.... I don't know if you understand how slightly it was bent. If you can't see that it was bent and it works and looks perfect then I don't see the problem.
My original point was that even with the reports of how easy the new iPhones bend I could probably still get a majority of what I paid for mine. My bend incident wasn't the point. Apple keeps the resale value no matter how much others hate on them. Even with Apple problems of the past they still hold value and that made me feel better about my purchase. And I was also laughing at how everyone was getting pissed at the op for accidentally bending his phone and not knowing how he did it.....

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Consumer Reports is biased towards Apple. So if they don't think bending is a big issue, I'm inclined to believe them. Since I trust Consumer Reports and the bending brouhaha in the media didn't start until the iPhone 6/6+ was released (even though there were other manufacturers' phones that bent already on the market), yes I'm inclined to believe the media made a big deal of it just because it was Apple.
Note that I don't think all the bending reports are made up. I just think that all phones can bend and it only became a big issue in the media because it was Apple. Media knows that stories about Apple cause spikes in page views which gives them more advertising revenue. So a bending Apple phone makes great click-bait headlines, therefore rare issues with Apple devices get blown out of proportion compared to other manufacturers.

That makes sense and I hope its so. I've never had any if my other devices be bent, ever, and I don't want my 6+ bent either. I am pretty careful, I believe in cases, screen protectors, and I don't wear skinny jeans or put my phones in my front pocket so I hope my phone will be fine.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
What I'm saying is pure speculation. I haven't a clue if taking a really snug case off an iPhone 6 Plus bends it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a speck with grip case and it fits VERY snug. I worried about bending it while removing it from the case but that hasn't happened since Black Friday. I am very cautious when pulling it out of there, so I can see someone not being so careful and maybe bending it while pulling from this case.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have never understood why people want to wear such fitted jeans and pants. That includes both men and women. I consider comfort to be paramount when it comes to clothing. If I don't feel comfortable I don't care how "in fashion" the clothing is, I won't wear it.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have never understood why people want to wear such fitted jeans and pants. That includes both men and women. I consider comfort to be paramount when it comes to clothing. If I don't feel comfortable I don't care how "in fashion" the clothing is, I won't wear it.

Some people find tight clothing comfy. However tight jeans with an iPhone 6 plus wouldn't be comfy I don't care who you are

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

That is just a big Pandora's Box waiting to be opened.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Duluth Trading Company... Best. Jeans. Ever.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Taking responsibility for bending your iPhone? This thread should be joined with the "I don't want anything thicker to add to battery life thread." Can anyone here name me another phone in the history of phones with a bending problem?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

There are tons of them. The supposed unbendable phone (The Blackberry Passport) has tons of posts on CrackBerry from people who've had bent Passports.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint you guys but I had to cancel my Thursday appointment, and I avoid the mall at all costs during the weekend. Going to try again sometime this week, not sure what day.

So you made the appointment for the weekend but had to cancel cause it's the weekend? lol jk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
There are tons of them. The supposed unbendable phone (The Blackberry Passport) has tons of posts on CrackBerry from people who've had bent Passports.

LOL!!!!! And when pics are posted they claim the member put it in a vice and bent it just for scuzz.....

Crackberry fanboys are comedy gold.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This sounds really dumb but I thought I bent my 6 plus as well cause when in a certain case it doesn't sit flat on the table it rocks. But when I switched cases it lays perfectly flat. Also if u lay it on a table on its back outside of a case the camera may cause it to look bent cause it sticks out away from the phone.

Well, hopefully, the phone is still working properly. You can always take it into Apple and see if they'll exchange it.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I really do think it's not just bending while you remove a case but perhaps while it is actually in it. A lot of aftermarket cases may fit the phone but we can't always see if they are putting pressure on weaker spots of the device. Like how tight clothing leaves indentations in your skin, too loose can cause rubbing/chafing, etc. What if the case has a minor internal defect?

For most phones, you'd never notice. Though on a phone with a particularly vulnerable spot, that's more likely to cause the bending. Then when you remove the device, it's likely only going to flex further due to the already compromised area from the cases malformation.

As for those without a case, something is causing pressure on the weak spot. The way it's transported/stored, the way it's being held while being used etc... I just don't know....

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I use my 6+ 1 to 2 days a week and so far, in the month that I've had it so far so good. No bending, no scratches, in fact, this phone still looks absolutely perfect...just like I like it. It's the look of purity.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77