Multitasking question

wizkids0

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I just switched from a windows phone to a iPhone and in doing that I switched carriers (not sure if that matters) but can you not talk on the phone while surfing the web on the 6plus?

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I just switched from a windows phone to a iPhone and in doing that I switched carriers (not sure if that matters) but can you not talk on the phone while surfing the web on the 6plus?

The phone part is the feature that I rarely use, so I cannot confirm it. But I remember Verizon Wireless bragged about being able to surf the net while talking on the phone. I don't know which carrier you have though.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The phone part is the feature that I rarely use, so I cannot confirm it. But I remember Verizon Wireless bragged about being able to surf the net while talking on the phone. I don't know which carrier you have though.

they bragged about it bc they couldn't be able to do it when they first had the iphone.

I have att and i can talk and suf the web at the same time. im pretty sure they all can

wizkids0

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just signed onto sprint, I had a feeling it would be the network. Not a super big deal I guess but thanks everyone for the help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For both apps and web browsing when I'm connected to wifi it allows me to multi task but if wifi is off it doesn't
I have Verizon, and it's that way with them. There's not much Verizon can do about it. If Apple doesn't include the right antenna in the iPhones, Verizon gets left out. I never use talk n surf except at home on wifi anyway.

MeetJoeAsian

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Prior to the 6's, this was incapable on CDMA because there was only one antenna. They did that to compensate for extra battery usage in CDMA. The 6's iPhones are now capable of voice and data. But you have to turn it on. And I believe every time you switch to a new phone, you have to do this manually. I've noticed that it doesn't store in your restore when you switch phones since I've switched between 4 iPhones 6/6+'s already. Here's how to set:

Go to: Settings --> Cellular --> Enable LTE --> Voice&Data

Done!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

The carrier must also have their VoLTE up and active too (voice over LTE) so when you're on a CDMA carrier but their LTE is GSM like the rest of us you can talk and surf at the same time

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

From what I understand only gsm carriers are allowed to have this feature. So Verizon and sprint cannot. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Prior to the 6's, this was incapable on CDMA because there was only one antenna. They did that to compensate for extra battery usage in CDMA. The 6's iPhones are now capable of voice and data. But you have to turn it on. And I believe every time you switch to a new phone, you have to do this manually. I've noticed that it doesn't store in your restore when you switch phones since I've switched between 4 iPhones 6/6+'s already. Here's how to set:

Go to: Settings --> Cellular --> Enable LTE --> Voice&Data

Done!
And you have Verizon and get Talk n Surf?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2