Is it normal to have a lot of memory tied up in "mail"?

LTCSZ

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi: I have recently purchased an iPhone 5 and have a question about memory. The phone has 8gb of memory. (Yeah, I know that's not much but it was a good price!)...The attached screen shot shows the memory usage. Is it normal to have that much tied up in "mail"? I have emptied all emails from all mailboxes. Advice will be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0246.PNG
    IMG_0246.PNG
    91.4 KB · Views: 12

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Memory Usage Question

Depends on what the mail consists of... if you have lots of attachments that are pictures, sound, video... yeah, it can be that big.

LTCSZ

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

There are no emails at all...I have emptied all mailboxes and verified that they are empty. Thanks.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

What about the trash box and the send box and? Are they empty too?
You may completely remove the mail account from settings > mail, calendars to see if it will free up some more storage, if yes then there must be some box in your mail that house data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTCSZ

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Once again, all of my mailboxes show empty...It indicates that there is one email with an attachment, but when I tap on that notice, it says there are no emails with attachments. Where else can I look?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Once again, all of my mailboxes show empty...It indicates that there is one email with an attachment, but when I tap on that notice, it says there are no emails with attachments. Where else can I look?

Check your email accounts online. See if there's anything there you can delete. Uninstall the email accounts in Settings. Then add them back.