Buy iPhone 5S late 2014

collapsed

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I was waiting for the iPhone 6 so I could change my aging 4S.
Unfortunately I don't quite like how the 6 or 6+ looks so I'm thinking of getting the 5S. I really LOVE how the 5S looks like. I'm also intrigued by apple pay but I plan on getting the apple watch later on so I can use that with the iPhone 5S & Apple Watch combination.
My question is whether anyone thinks I'll be at a great disadvantage from a performance point of view. Is the A7 & M7 combo ineffective compared to the A8 & M8?

Thanks

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I also like the iPhone 5/5s design better than the iPhone 6/6+ and there will be some disadvantage when comparing the A7 to the A8, but I don't think it will be that much of a difference. I'm also glad Apple decided to make the AppleWatch (iWatch) compatible with the 5s.
The 5s is still an AWESOME iPhone

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 5s is an awesome device. I'm very happy with mine. The iPhone 6 is a great device as well. I just happen to prefer the 5s. Good luck.

collapsed

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
if the 5S can last throughout the day with medium use i'm more than happy. i usually have my iPad with me if i'm on a long journey so the bigger screen wont do me any good really

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
if the 5S can last throughout the day with medium use i'm more than happy. i usually have my iPad with me if i'm on a long journey so the bigger screen wont do me any good really

It will. You can also pick up a mophie case for when you need more juice

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

collapsed

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's what they said so I'm really hoping it will indeed work like this.
The Apple Watch has its own NFC Chip as far as I'm aware so it should work.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
To me, the new iPhones are like overgrown iPod Touches. They are too thin, and too big compared to their thickness. That's why I'm getting the iPhone 5S soon.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I do agree although the new iPhones 6 are thin I don't like their design it will be the first year I don't upgrade but I do prefer the 5S design

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

collapsed

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Brilliant then.
My 4S is lagging sometimes and that's understandable because it's a pretty old device. I want to keep the 5S for at least 20 months before I change it so do you think it's got the power to do that?

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
In terms of performance; the iPhone 6 is going be a little faster 25% so not that much more. The A8 SoC is built for efficiency. Graphic performance is suppose to be up to 50% better then the 5S! But that is dependent on the game you are going be using. And if you don't play games on you iPhone; then it not that much of a consideration. But graphic performance overall will be better then the 5S. The 6S is the model that is going be the supercharger! I don't think you will notice it for internet surfing or video streaming since they both have the same amount of RAM!

I purchased the iPhone 5S just last week and have not received it! But I owned it before for about 2 months before I sold it for the same price I paid for it! I did it to see what Windows Phone was like and I was going to purchased my iPad Mini Retina 128GB LTE! So basically, I just had the iOS7 on the iPad and WP8 on the smartphone.

I like the look of the iPhone 5S back - space grey and the size. I like smaller iPod touch and smartphones so the 5S is perfect! I still have a couple of cases too.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
To me, the new iPhones are like overgrown iPod Touches. They are too thin, and too big compared to their thickness. That's why I'm getting the iPhone 5S soon.

-This was a big reason I returned my 6 and went "back" to the 5S....sorry Apple, but the 6 just seems fragile to me. TO ME. Not saying it is fragile...but, it just seems that way to me. Plus, that protruding camera....ohhhhh, why? why? WHY? Happy to be with the 5S...awesome phone, and should be awesome for another couple years.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I was waiting for the iPhone 6 so I could change my aging 4S.
Unfortunately I don't quite like how the 6 or 6+ looks so I'm thinking of getting the 5S. I really LOVE how the 5S looks like. I'm also intrigued by apple pay but I plan on getting the apple watch later on so I can use that with the iPhone 5S & Apple Watch combination.
My question is whether anyone thinks I'll be at a great disadvantage from a performance point of view. Is the A7 & M7 combo ineffective compared to the A8 & M8?

Thanks

The A7 is definitely still effective after a year with iOS 8. I would say It's closer to a A8 than a A6 being that it's 64 bit.

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 5s on launch day for the 6. I wanted a smaller phone and am new to Apple and iPhone, coming from Android and BlackBerry. I would have bought another Android, but T-Mobile didn't have one with the camera and processing power I wanted that wasn't a 5 inch or bigger monster. Anything bigger than 4.5 inches is, in my opinion, just too big to be used with one hand. (Yes, my hands are big enough to reach the corners of bigger phones, but you also have to hold onto the thing while walking or moving). I have a tablet for when I want a big screen. For my phone, I want something that is easy to carry, has a great camera for document scanning, and that I can handle with one hand while on the move. The 5s is meeting my needs very well.

collapsed

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I will not play on my iPhone. And if I do it will be something like Temple Run or Minion Rush lol.

I will use apps like paypal, ebay, banking, amazon, maps, browsing, skype, facebook, tumblr and I expect those to work flawlessly. (Like they work on my iPad mini retina).

that should happen with the 5S i guess. I just love the design of the 5S as well... the 6 looks cheapish

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2