How do you sell on Swappa?

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I?m aware Swappa provides instructions on how to sell, but that?s not what I want to know. What I?m asking more is about the experience of selling on there. What?s it like selling on Swappa compared to other services like ebay, Craigslist, Gazelle, etc? Is it easier, harder, more convenient? What's the process like? I ask because I want to sell my 5s and am considering selling on Swappa for the first time. Any info or insight will be much appreciated.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It's rather simple. There is no bidding. You set your price. The swappa fee is $10. Therefore, say you set your price for $415. It will show for sale for $425. You only pay the fee if you sale your phone. Potential buyers can ask questions. Alot of times, potential buyers try to get you to lower your price. It's up to you. Only you know your bottom price. Swappa fees are WAY less than ebay. There is no holding your money either. As soon as the buyers presses buy and pay, your money is in your Paypal account. Make sure you put No Trades in your selling thread or you will get a lot a questions regarding trades. I usually offer an incentive like one day shipping or something to set mines apart. But over all, it's rather easy. I've sold 5-8 phones on there.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, the key is take great pictures. Take them in a brightly lit room. Sunlight works better than indoor light for clear pictures. I have aleast 8 pics showing the front, back, sides,top/bottom, and screen on showing the storage capacity. Be honest. If there is a scratch or something, point it out. I usually take a picture of the scratch and open the picture in paint and circle the scratch. You want to get top dollar so be thorough.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's similar to eBay except the buyer has no protection on swappa. The pay button on swappa takes the buyer to PayPal like eBay. Swappa really stays out of the payment. It's up to you to refund money and stuff. It's based on honestly. eBay can hold funds and stuff. Swappa doesn't do all that.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to sell a galaxy S4 for my brother, It wouldn't sell on eBay--relisted it like 12 times. Put it on swappa and it sold within a week. Now my iPhone in listed on there.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. And like eBay I assume I can only ship the phone only to their approved paypal address?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77