Iphone Activation Lock IOS7 ICloud User Name

Prus

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys
So i have done allot of research on this and the main point is that the IOS7 is not secure for too much longer

As it stands today the iPhone 4 is the only phone where you can bypass this today
by "SSH"ing into the phone and deleting the setup file or editing it.

As for the IPhone 4S/5/5C/5S the only thing that stands between
Thieves and there stolen phones from being bricks is having access to the root folder on the phone and editing it.

At the present moment the only people who know how to do this are the developers of the newest jailbreak Envati0n7.

They have specifically written their Jailbreak to check it the phone has been activated before opening the root folder to SSH.

You might be wondering as to why i'm doing so much research on this subject.
I bought my ***** ex girlfriend a new Iphone 5S a couple months ago and then she cheated on me
So I took my phone back and the Ipad i gave her and kicked her out
I figured she dose not deserve them but now i'm stuck with two paper weights and an unpleasant reminder of her
If anyone has an idea of how to "bootload" or get access to the root on the iphone 5S so i can sell this that would be great

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If you truly bought it and have proof in the form of a paper trail, you may be able to get some help from the Apple store. I'm not 100% sure on this but it's better than the risk of permanently bricking the devices.

Good luck.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
And as far as SSHing into the activation locked device - that sounds good except you have to unlock it to be able to access it. #fail

Sent via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
If you truly bought it and have proof in the form of a paper trail, you may be able to get some help from the Apple store. I'm not 100% sure on this but it's better than the risk of permanently bricking the devices.

Good luck.

Although I do not work for Apple, I would think that no matter how much one is able to prove that he or she is the one who originally purchased the iDevice, only the individual who set up the device with the iCloud username and password will be able to able to reset it. That is one of the reasons why Apple set up this method of device security....so that ONLY the person who has the iCloud login info can get into it and to deter people who steal iphones, or "find" lost ones from be able to resell them....and unfortunately does not help the small percentage of people who are in the OP's situation where they simply want to be able to recover property from a bad relationship.

@ the OP, I am 99.9% sure you are screwed on this (sorry to say it, not a fan of sugar-coating), and Apple will almost 100% not take into account the fact that you personally paid for the devices as it would completely undermine the security implementation of iCloud if Apple were to assist you, or anyone else who is in the same situation. The only possible way it seems that Apple may assist you would be if the iCloud account belonged to you, and not your ex.

I would definitely be extremely pissed off if I was in your situation and basically had 2 expensive paperweights, but on the flipside, I can appreciate the fact that Apple's security policy on iCloud login resets means that if my device is stolen or lost and as long as I have the security features properly enabled, that no one other than ME can access the device....meaning that the security features actually work as intended and cannot be circumvented no matter what, which I am sure deep down you can appreciate as well deep down.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys
So i have done allot of research on this and the main point is that the IOS7 is not secure for too much longer

As it stands today the iPhone 4 is the only phone where you can bypass this today

Thieves and there stolen phones from being bricks is having access to the root folder on the phone and editing it.

At the present moment the only people who know how to do this are the developers of the newest jailbreak Envati0n7.

They have specifically written their Jailbreak to check it the phone has been activated before opening the root folder to SSH.

I bought my ***** ex girlfriend a new Iphone 5S a couple months ago and then she cheated on me
I figured she dose not deserve them but now i'm stuck with two paper weights and an unpleasant reminder of her
If anyone has an idea of how to "bootload" or get access to the root on the iphone 5S so i can sell this that would be great

Scrap them for parts

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

Maybe after a "Cooling off" period of time, you and her can make a deal regarding the devices. $$ works. Or you keep one device (she gives you the info needed) and she gets the other device. Of course, y'all gotta be nice.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
any ideas how to remove icloud lock from iphone 4s/5/5c/5s
Yes... you enter the correct AppleID and password the device is activation locked with... or, that person can go into their account and turn off activation lock and wipe the device remotely. If you're not the person with the AppleID and password the device is locked with - you' out of luck.

Shawn Peticos

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
how can I find out who owned the iphone previously and contact them to disconnect from iphone? Was thinking if I gave a Verizon employee the eimi# they can look up the owner and send them a message to disconnecet or contact me. If it stolen I will give it back to owner and get refund from ebay/

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
how can I find out who owned the iphone previously and contact them to disconnect from iphone? Was thinking if I gave a Verizon employee the eimi# they can look up the owner and send them a message to disconnecet or contact me. If it stolen I will give it back to owner and get refund from ebay/

I doubt VZW will provide you with any owner information for security purposes. I know I wouldn't. The most they'd "probably" tell you is whether it is reported stolen or not to them. Of course, I could be completely wrong. Anyway, check the lockscreen's emergency section to see if the owner created a medical ID that may contain phone numbers.

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
You're better off filing a claim with ebay to get your money back as the phone was sold under false pretense unless the seller is the owner and made a mistake and you can get him to unlock the phone for you.

Mathew Nusbaum

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Although I do not work for Apple, I would think that no matter how much one is able to prove that he or she is the one who originally purchased the iDevice, only the individual who set up the device with the iCloud username and password will be able to able to reset it. That is one of the reasons why Apple set up this method of device security....so that ONLY the person who has the iCloud login info can get into it and to deter people who steal iphones, or "find" lost ones from be able to resell them....and unfortunately does not help the small percentage of people who are in the OP's situation where they simply want to be able to recover property from a bad relationship.

@ the OP, I am 99.9% sure you are screwed on this (sorry to say it, not a fan of sugar-coating), and Apple will almost 100% not take into account the fact that you personally paid for the devices as it would completely undermine the security implementation of iCloud if Apple were to assist you, or anyone else who is in the same situation. The only possible way it seems that Apple may assist you would be if the iCloud account belonged to you, and not your ex.

I would definitely be extremely pissed off if I was in your situation and basically had 2 expensive paperweights, but on the flipside, I can appreciate the fact that Apple's security policy on iCloud login resets means that if my device is stolen or lost and as long as I have the security features properly enabled, that no one other than ME can access the device....meaning that the security features actually work as intended and cannot be circumvented no matter what, which I am sure deep down you can appreciate as well deep down.

If your a MacBook Pro owner or are really good at java script and html editing then u can unlock the iPhone MacBook gives you the option thru terminal. To view hidden Apple files assume su cmd in terminal erase iCloud account done m friend
Java in Windsows take the old ssh.jar rev4 and rewrite some code and last the 7zip can open .ispw files inside are key plist files change them good luck have fun it's a bit of work

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If your a MacBook Pro owner or are really good at java script and html editing then u can unlock the iPhone MacBook gives you the option thru terminal. To view hidden Apple files assume su cmd in terminal erase iCloud account done m friend
Java in Windsows take the old ssh.jar rev4 and rewrite some code and last the 7zip can open .ispw files inside are key plist files change them good luck have fun it's a bit of work

You're replying to a comment from 2 years ago. March 2014