Apple Care: iPhone 5S shipments taking longer than expected

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, and good morning!

I've just called Apple to ask why this is taking that long, specially that we are in October already and there is still no updates on our orders. Apple Sales support claimed that the iPhone 5S which is shipped from abroad to the US is taking more shipping time than expected thats why they didn't update much orders although it's October already.

I kept begging here to give me an estimate date of when my device will be available she refused to give me any estimate dates but kept repeating that my order has passed through their system and it is still waiting for the iPhone to reach the US to go for shipping. When is that gonna happen, she has no idea.

I really didn't buy that story but got no other option other than going with it. Why I didn't buy it! Because all the shipments we have seen for the orders that were placed online went from China, from the factory there till it reached the customer doorstep using UPS or FedEx. While according to her story she claims that the iPhone ships from within the US to the customer doorstep. Of course that's how the process normally goes but not when the US got not a single device in stock and they barely have time or any units left to ship to the US warehouses.

I also sent an email to payment@apple.com and this was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Apple.

We recently contacted you regarding a problem that we were having processing your order. Since then we have been able to resolve the issue, with your assistance, and we will now be able to continue processing your order. The IPHONE 5S SILVER has an estimated delivery date of 10/31/2013. You will receive a shipping notification once it has shipped.

No further action on your part is required at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

Seriously, 10/31?! Are they kidding me :|

Note: They never contacted me regarding any issue as they claim. The only email I got was a survey that I planned not to participate in till I get my iPhone 5S.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for your troubles. As per the estimated delivery date: it could actually arrive much sooner (It is more of a guestimate). I'm praying for everyone that they arrive earlier than Halloween.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for your troubles. As per the estimated delivery date: it could actually arrive much sooner (It is more of a guestimate). I'm praying for everyone that they arrive earlier than Halloween.

Of course it will ship much faster than this they are just keeping in the ****ing far safe side lol. But they claim they had an issue with my order and that they contacted me but that never happened not even by phone or text and of course not on email.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
wish you the best buddy, I'm sorry for the inconvenience man. ill be ordering my 5s tonight, its gonna take a minute, but it will be worth the wait

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
wish you the best buddy, I'm sorry for the inconvenience man. ill be ordering my 5s tonight, its gonna take a minute, but it will be worth the wait

It is totally worth the wait, but if I fail college this semester I can only blame Apple. I am always distracted as I keep refreshing the order status page ever minute :/

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It is totally worth the wait, but if I fail college this semester I can only blame Apple. I am always distracted as I keep refreshing the order status page ever minute :/

Hahaah. I ordered mine a couple of hours back. It's processing order. What is your status?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
27th of September. 32 GB White/Silver the Unlocked T-Mobile version.

Tht may be because you bought yours on plan. I bought mine outright mate. But still it shouldn't take that long to ship. We basically in the same boat and I ordered mine today lol

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Tht may be because you bought yours on plan. I bought mine outright mate. But still it shouldn't take that long to ship. We basically in the same boat and I ordered mine today lol

I didn't buy mine on a plan. It's the T-Mobile off contact version from Apple.com.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the Government shutdown affect this stuff at all? With customs etc etc

That's a good question and something I didn't think about it...... I hadn't heard anything like that yet, but I'd almost think that would have to fall under essential personal for the security risks involved.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Man I really can't afford these dates to be slipping late. I had to order our phones unlocked since I am about to get stationed in the UK for 4 yrs. I am in the processing stage with an expected delivery of October 8-11. I was comfortable with those dates when I ordered them as I will be home that entire week while my household goods are being packed up, but on the 15th, I will no longer be living at this address.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Man I really can't afford these dates to be slipping late. I had to order our phones unlocked since I am about to get stationed in the UK for 4 yrs. I am in the processing stage with an expected delivery of October 8-11. I was comfortable with those dates when I ordered them as I will be home that entire week while my household goods are being packed up, but on the 15th, I will no longer be living at this address.

when did u place your order

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
when did u place your order

On the 20th. Originally went to the Apple Store to buy my phones, but they said the TMO wasn't an unlocked phone and I wasn't getting anywhere with the "Genius" outside the entrance to be allowed inside to purchase them. So I had to come back home and order them.

But I did call Apple this morning and they said the dates listed are confirmed dates and not speculated dates. So we'll see. I guess the "Ship in October" gives them more flexibility as they are not hard dates yet.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
On the 20th. Originally went to the Apple Store to buy my phones, but they said the TMO wasn't an unlocked phone and I wasn't getting anywhere with the "Genius" outside the entrance to be allowed inside to purchase them. So I had to come back home and order them.

But I did call Apple this morning and they said the dates listed are confirmed dates and not speculated dates. So we'll see. I guess the "Ship in October" gives them more flexibility as they are not hard dates yet.

I ordered mine today. No idea how long.

moodypickle

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Does the Government shutdown affect this stuff at all? With customs etc etc

I work for an importer and we are still getting everything through customs fine with no slowdowns. I think customs was unaffected by the government shutdown. So there is a little good news for your day!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you thought about just canceling your order and driving to your closest Apple store to try and pick up the 5S by getting in line super early over a weekend? Maybe I missed a previous post of yours where you explained why this wasn't an option, but honestly, with people reporting pretty frequent luck with getting the 5S by walking in, it'd seem to me that someone so frustrated by shipping times like this would make the move and go to the physical store.