iPhone warranty question??

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I got a iPhone 5 from Craigslist. It's black on the back and white on the front. The original color is white. It has microphone issues like Siri doesn't hear me and speaker phone doesn't work. It has warranty until May 2014. Will Apple store switch it for a new one even tho it's different colors or can they just fix the speakers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I would go in store. I had a white iPhone modded black and they helped me out. Worst they could say is no... Right?

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You voided your warranty. Somebody else did get help but don't hold your breath. Your likely to get turned away.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple is usually very good about helping when the issue wasn't cause by changing the back. worst case scenario they say no.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Alright I'll let y'all know. Hopefully they fix it because I like how my iPhone. But if they give me a new one that'll be alright. We'll see

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Alright I'll let y'all know. Hopefully they fix it because I like how my iPhone. But if they give me a new one that'll be alright. We'll see

If they do swap your device, maybe look into getting a full body screen protector for it in a different color instead of modifying the phone itself. I know my brother has a black 4s, but has a screen protector on the front that makes it look like a white 4s. You wouldn't notice the difference unless you looked at the back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Take a pretty girl with you to the Apple store and have her start crying (just kidding). It doesn't hurt to try

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2