Annoying Albums

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Didn't know how else to title this thread LOL. In my photos I have 5 albums that I don't want starting from Zedge downward. Now I did have the HTC wallpapers synced through iTunes but the other albums just appeared. I had my pictures folder shared from my computer but I turned that off as well as syncing through iTunes yet these albums still show up. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

yruhegyr.jpg

Sent from the collector home world.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Zedge and Wallpapers HD are from downloading wallpapers from those apps. I would assume the same with Instagram. If you hit the edit button in the photos app, you can delete these folders but t may delete all of the wallpapers you downloaded off your phone.

qy5uhubu.jpg

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Deleting the albums won't delete those pics from the camera roll.
But, when you save another pic from something like the wallpapers
app, it'll make an album again. Same goes for Instagram and so forth.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Zedge and Wallpapers HD are from downloading wallpapers from those apps. I would assume the same with Instagram. If you hit the edit button in the photos app, you can delete these folders but t may delete all of the wallpapers you downloaded off your phone.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/30/qy5uhubu.jpg

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Yeah I know I can delete the Zedge and Instagram albums. What's happening is I can't delete the others from my phone.

9uje2ape.jpg

These albums are on my computer but I turned off sharing and syncing through iTunes so I can't pin down why they are still showing up.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
These albums are on my computer but I turned off sharing and syncing through iTunes so I can't pin down why they are still showing up.

Hopefully I am not suggesting something you have already tried, but have you hooked up your phone to your computer, gone into the phone sync portion of itunes, clicked the photo button at the top, and made sure that it is not trying to sync to any albums in that area? This may be what you mean when you say you have turned off sharing and syncing through iTunes. But if not, I would check here to be certain those albums are not showing up as check marked in that area. That is all I can think to try. Good luck.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a feeling you had already tried that, but took at chance. This is truly weird. Here is a possible work-around though I have not tried it myself and not certain it is what you are wanting.

0) Create an empty folder (1) connect iphone to computer and launch iTune
(2) in the photos tab, check "sync photos from", select "choose folder", select the empty folder in step 0).
(3) Click Sync
(4) iTune will show an warning that photos on the iphone will be replaced with this new library but pictures taken by phone won't be affected.
(5) When syncing is done, those zombie albums will be gone.
(6) in iTune uncheck " sync photos from folder", and sync again.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a feeling you had already tried that, but took at chance. This is truly weird. Here is a possible work-around though I have not tried it myself and not certain it is what you are wanting.

0) Create an empty folder (1) connect iphone to computer and launch iTune
(2) in the photos tab, check "sync photos from", select "choose folder", select the empty folder in step 0).
(3) Click Sync
(4) iTune will show an warning that photos on the iphone will be replaced with this new library but pictures taken by phone won't be affected.
(5) When syncing is done, those zombie albums will be gone.
(6) in iTune uncheck " sync photos from folder", and sync again.

Ok cool will give it a go thanks!!