Music help on iOS - Coming from Android

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm used to Android where I can download a song from any source and it goes right into my music player. On iOS it appears this isn't as easy. I have quite a few music that I listen to that isn't in the iTunes Store. But I would like to have it on my phone. I'm well aware that I can plug my phone into iTunes on my laptop but that's tedious considering I was able to download any song on the go with my Note 2 by going to the blog site that shares the music.

Understand that I'm not talking about illegally pirating music. The music I'm speaking on are from free mix tape or music download sites by independent Artists or mainstream artists who release individual songs.

Is there a solution that doesn't require me to plug my phone in everytime a song releases that I want that isn't in iTunes?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Music help

Is there a solution that doesn't require me to plug my phone in everytime a song releases that I want that isn't in iTunes?

You don't have to plug into iTunes... it can wifi sync very easily.

And all you have to do with any mp3 file you save to your computer is add it to your iTunes library, and sync to your phone. Very easy process.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

A few people will refer you to apps that apparently allow for internal storage of MP3's from online sources (within the app) but so far, nobody that I've asked has come forth with legitimate suggestions to specific apps (leaving me to believe they are pretty much non-existant).

Other than that, wireless syncing to iTunes is easy if you're at home (or within the network), but it seems you're just talking on the fly saving of MP3's, and at least in my experience, you're pretty much out of luck doing this in native fashion.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I should have searched. I found a thread about this very thing. Thanks all. Mods please close.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

You don't have to plug into iTunes... it can wifi sync very easily.

And all you have to do with any mp3 file you save to your computer is add it to your iTunes library, and sync to your phone. Very easy process.

Yes I'm aware of this option. I'm speaking when I'm in my car listening to Sirius xm radio and hear a song I like yet isn't in iTunes and i would like to download it right then rather than waiting until I get home.