Test Message from 'Unknown' with 'Message Not Found'

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? My friend has been getting texts that say they are from 'unknown' and the body of the text says 'Message Not Found'. I tried apple support and could only find that this is likely do to unauthorized changes to settings. But, her phone is stock. She has AT&T for service. Any ideas my friends?
Edit: She has an iPhone 5 running 6.1
4agaze3a.jpg

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've never seen that happen before. I would try some resets first like "reset all settings" and if that didn't your only other option would probably be a restore to new iPhone. Unless someone else has a better idea.

JLC30

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting the same thing, on all three of my old iPhones, and now my current one, I've tried everything, from reseting everything and starting over, changing several different SIM cards they have given me, I've called apple and AT&T both and they both tell me it's the other ones deal, I've seen where people have posted a long process of getting SMS # and making sure it matches on your phone...ect.... And I have found nothing to fix this problem, it's becoming annoying I get this message 5-10 times daily for several weeks then it will stop for a week or to and then continue again. I'm fed up with the problems I've had with my phones, they also told me I could change my phone number, to see if it fixes the problem.... That's ridiculous, anyone have any other solution to the problem?

ktez

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had something similar happen but with emails instead. I tried rebooting and then just ended up restoring as new and it went away. I have no idea what caused it - I am on Verizon by the way.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten them a few times in the past. I always just delete them and carry on. I don't think they are important, probably just an issue on the carrier side. I'm on Verizon, btw.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen to me a couple of times when I was on my iPhone 4 on VZW... never knew what it was or who it was actually from....:eek: