The funny things I heard about the iPhone 5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had to laugh about the GS3 comment as well. While I do feel its a nice phone, I do not agree its better built than the iP5. Aluminum and Glass is far nicer in the hands than plastic and glass. But once you put a case on it (like I will) my iP5 will not be as noticeable which is fine by me, don't need it stolen anyways.

Merrillane

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Met an AT&T rep and he told me the differences between iPhones with AT&T and Verizon. I cancelled my sons Verizon preorder and only stood in line 2 hours Friday at the apple store and walked out with a black 32gb AT&T iPhone 5 for my son. With AT&T you can search the web or send an email while on a call and with Verizon you cannot.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Met an AT&T rep and he told me the differences between iPhones with AT&T and Verizon. I cancelled my sons Verizon preorder and only stood in line 2 hours Friday at the apple store and walked out with a black 32gb AT&T iPhone 5 for my son. With AT&T you can search the web or send an email while on a call and with Verizon you cannot.

That's not news. It's always been like that. My view is, talk and data or a vast LTE network. I'll take the latter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With AT&T you can search the web or send an email while on a call and with Verizon you cannot.

On cellular only, true. This will not be an issue for the majority of users because of the prolific availability of wifi. The typical user will know where they can have wifi, and if they truly need talk and surf, they will be somewhere wifi is available. And for those that talk & surf is an absolute essential, they'll have the surf part covered by resources that don't involve their phone.

AT&T's incessant harping on "talk & surf" is pure, unadulterated marketing hype - nothing more.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Everyone I keep talking too keeps saying "it looks the same".
Then I show them the phone has been rebuilt from the ground up. New everything from hardware to software.

I even convinced my friend to buy one after giving my little speech.

After showing and letting one of friends mess with my 5, he said he wants one. He's currently using a Razr Maxx.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
"I'm going to miss having all my apps..." (I'm always shocked at how few people really use iTunes and/or don't know how to do a backup/restore.)
"You have to use Google Earth now because they took out the maps."
"You can't even watch YouTube now!"

Please tell me you helped these people, as their ignorance makes me weep.

Face_Palm_zpseb1321b5.jpg
[/IMG]

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah some are funny some are sad. While the reps at Bell were so busy getting our contracts done, I had to give a little speech about it to some customers there. Normally I would've kept to myself, but that girl's comment really left me with no choice : "I don't even know why I'm buying this". And then many questions from other customers that the Bell reps partially answered. "It's LTE and a bigger screen, that's what's different". Oh, please, it is a genuine piece of pure engineering, in which just about everything was redesigned to meet high standards of quality while being as compact and as fast as such a device could ever be right now. And then the girl said her boyfriend told her to get a GSIII instead. Well, THAT's not gonna happen under my watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2