How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This is amazing battery life, don't recall doing anything different on this charge cycle.
zyqu9ere.jpg

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How's your iPhone battery life?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/23/sepy2yde.jpg

Here is my screenshot. I don't think it should be this low at all. With about 3 hours of usage and 4.5 hours of standby. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone 5 Sprint 16 GB Black using Tapatalk - now Free

Have you tried restoring it as a new iPhone? That helped me when I was getting similar results.

Also, charly above is most likely getting those amazing results because he/she is on wifi all day and using it mostly for text messaging and/or apps that do not use Internet. That is based on my experience anyway.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Also, charly above is most likely getting those amazing results because he/she is on wifi all day and using it mostly for text messaging and/or apps that do not use Internet. That is based on my experience anyway.
You are partly right, yes I have been on WiFi 90% of this charge cycle. However my usage phone calls, texting, email, forum browsing, Facebook, internet, GroupMe etc have been about the same as always.

I have no explanation for the results and somewhat doubt that it will get repeated again. :)

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

You are partly right, yes I have been on WiFi 90% of this charge cycle. However my usage phone calls, texting, email, forum browsing, Facebook, internet, GroupMe etc have been about the same as always.

I have no explanation for the results and somewhat doubt that it will get repeated again. :)

I wish I was able to get it to be that good. That's an area I wish phones would pick up in. I'd rather have amazing battery life than 2GB of RAM. I'm always on wifi on my iPhone and I'd say its mediocre but nothing spectacular. That's why I asked about specific settings.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I generally have no problem with my phone lasting a day, though I will be giving this phone the ultimate test when I start taking the bus to class this semester. Generally the bus ride (about 3 hours including transfer times) is fairly draining on my battery. My signal is crap in many of the areas I go and there isn't 4g just 3G (and bad 3G) . Where I live I have pretty damn good lte signal. When in town, I have no problems with battery life. When I was in DC for vacation when I first got this phone, I also had no problem with battery life (no wifi for 3 days). The only time I ever have problems with battery life is in the city my family lives and the city my school is in. I can still last a day but I'm usually down to the last 10 percent at bedtime. When I am at home I can be anywhere from 30-90 percent. It just depends how much I used the phone. I think I have only had it die on me once and I've forgotten to charge it overnight twice and it lasted through the second day as well!

There are some important things to remember with your batter

- usage times aren't the only factor in usage, it depends on the apps your using. Videos (especially streaming, 3d games, and GPS are battery drainers. Limit these when possible.

- certain apps constantly use GPS even when you don't think they are. These apps include some mapping, weather and other apps. It's important to know this and make sure the apps that use these features are closed. Also note the difference between the mapping app and reminders. It's ok to have an app know the location, but certain apps drain far more juice as they pull more location data, particularly because the GPS is an aGPS chip and uses data. If your in a good signal area you may not notice battery drain at all. However, in bad signal, you will notice fairly quickly)

- signal itself plays the largest part in battery drain. I can use LTE in my city all day and still have 40-50 percent battery with 6 hours of usage if not more at bedtime. However I can have 10-15 percent battery with 2 hours of usage when in 3G areas that aren't so great (which, with sprint, seems to be all their 3G!) I will say this phone has the best battery life I've ever had as most of my devices died at 10-12 hours while my iPhone usually still has plenty of juice left at bedtime.

If you have bad battery life, check signal in your area and your carriers reliability, if its sprint, your in for a bumpy ride!

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Been having issues with my battery. For a couple weeks now. My battery has been crap. Won't stay charged for longer than 4 hours. Took my phone to apple twice this week, they said that the battery is fine. But I seriously doubt that. Charged the phone to 100% left it on standby for 6hours I'm at 45%. Now I'm not sure if that's normal but that has never happened to me before. Taking back to apple this week after doing some battery saving by turning off most if location and notification services. So far I have not seen a change phone still won't last me longer than 4 hours.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I wish I was able to get it to be that good. That's an area I wish phones would pick up in. I'd rather have amazing battery life than 2GB of RAM. I'm always on wifi on my iPhone and I'd say its mediocre but nothing spectacular. That's why I asked about specific settings.

Sorry I missed your post previously, I have Location on for the built in weather app and eWeather. Also for GasBuddy, Walgreens, Google Maps, LunaSolCal, and Facebook. There are other apps like Open Table that I turn on as needed

My brightness in auto at about 50%

Hope that helps but keep in mind this is an unusual battery cycle and even thought battery life has always been good, it's never been this good. :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Here is where it finally ended. I wish I could figure out what was so different this time.
uza2upa6.jpg

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Today my iPhone 5 got roughly 5 hours of usage and 10 hours of standby. I think that's just average and doesn't really standout to me.

Warcake

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
With cellular data continuously on, I get about 3 hours, maybe less, depending on what I do. Standby, with moderate data/wifi use, probably around 6-8 hours.

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not happy with my phone's battery life. Not because it doesn't somewhat measure up to most people's experiences on here. It does. But, that sort of battery life is less than ideal for a tool that I depend on everyday. I could sacrifice the small size, both in dimensions and weight, for a bigger battery. If I could truly get 10-12 hours of actual web browsing usage on this, whether cellular or Wifi, I'd be a pretty happy camper.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77