What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So, after the announcement of the iPhone 5 on 9/12, i've taken time to ponder. I'll be honest, while watching the presentation I was kinda like well.....ok i guess. The next day, I went onto Apples site and watched the video they posted, again, and took more of it in. Pondered more. lol. In the meantime, when pre-orders opened up at 3:01am the other night, i was up on iMores site in the jammie thread watching and sharing the excitement of everyone waiting till the moment of placing their pre-order, although i didnt post till the very next day to congratulate all the 'pre-order' owners:)

Since then, after more & more realizing how much Kool-Aid i've really drank:p LOL, since owning my first iphone Nov.2011 (4S) I plan on staying put with Apple. I love the way iOS works, and how it works for me. I'm not a 'fangirl', but this platform just works for me;):)

So, bringing me to today, my feelings on the iP5 are YES i'd love to have one:D
BUT, (those damn 'buts') 1) my 4S is running great & is in pristine condition and 2) the amount of cases i have vested in my 4S is really ridiculous:eek: LOL and to justify spending $300 (32gb) plus the cost of a new case just doesnt justify spending the money right now. Perhaps in a couple of months once all the hype has died down, i stash some cash & i dont have to worry about back orders:)

(and no, i dont plan on selling off my 4S - i'll pass it onto one of my family members so i wouldnt have the money to recoup from that)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So, after the announcement of the iPhone 5 on 9/12, i've taken time to ponder. I'll be honest, while watching the presentation I was kinda like well.....ok i guess. The next day, I went onto Apples site and watched the video they posted, again, and took more of it in. Pondered more. lol. In the meantime, when pre-orders opened up at 3:01am the other night, i was up on iMores site in the jammie thread watching and sharing the excitement of everyone waiting till the moment of placing their pre-order, although i didnt post till the very next day to congratulate all the 'pre-order' owners:)

Since then, after more & more realizing how much Kool-Aid i've really drank:p LOL, since owning my first iphone Nov.2011 (4S) I plan on staying put with Apple. I love the way iOS works, and how it works for me. I'm not a 'fangirl', but this platform just works for me;):)

So, bringing me to today, my feelings on the iP5 are YES i'd love to have one:D
BUT, (those damn 'buts') 1) my 4S is running great & is in pristine condition and 2) the amount of cases i have vested in my 4S is really ridiculous:eek: LOL and to justify spending $300 (32gb) plus the cost of a new case just doesnt justify spending the money right now. Perhaps in a couple of months once all the hype has died down, i stash some cash & i dont have to worry about back orders:)

(and no, i dont plan on selling off my 4S - i'll pass it onto one of my family members so i wouldnt have the money to recoup from that)

LOL... we all knew you'd be jumping on the bandwagon... that's why we saved you a seat! And some people can't just buy ONE case... :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
LOL... we all knew you'd be jumping on the bandwagon... that's why we saved you a seat! And some people can't just buy ONE case... :)

:Dindeed!! Now, as for buying more than one case....I've currently made a deal with myself (yea this is quite amusing lmao, and idk how long it'll actually last:p) SO, as for starting to stash some cash for that new shiny iP5 I'd like, everytime I look at a case for my 4S and want to buy it.....instead of actually making the purchase for said amount, I'll pull that same amount from the debit and put it away in an envelope towards my i5 :D

Hey.....it's worth a shot:p LOL

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
:Dindeed!! Now, as for buying more than one case....I've currently made a deal with myself (yea this is quite amusing lmao, and idk how long it'll actually last:p) SO, as for starting to stash some cash for that new shiny iP5 I'd like, everytime I look at a case for my 4S and want to buy it.....instead of actually making the purchase for said amount, I'll pull that same amount from the debit and put it away in an envelope towards my i5 :D

Hey.....it's worth a shot:p LOL

That sounds like a plan... hopefully you can sell it to yourself. :) I found a shiny new nickel on the sidewalk the other day... I'll gladly donate to the cause.

On second thought, have a garage sale and sell all those 4S cases! That should raise more than enough $$$ :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a plan... hopefully you can sell it to yourself. :) I found a shiny new nickel on the sidewalk the other day... I'll gladly donate to the cause.

On second thought, have a garage sale and sell all those 4S cases! That should raise more than enough $$$ :)

oh i can indeed sell it to myself;) and i will gladly add that shiny nickel to the i5 fund:D

now, as for allllll those cases i have.....your right i need to sell them. first i need to make the time to be able to do that lol. But, that is part of my plan also because it'll help off set the cost as well;):) and of course justify buying a new case(s) for the i5 LOL.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I feel that Apple launched something shocking stuff in newly iPhone 5 but It's OK for me

LOL that's the first time I've seen someone said apple released some shocking stuff. All post was on how apple didn't include certain unless stuff.

Looks like a lot of 4S owners came from android base. Heck so did I ! When I switched over to apple. I never looked back since. Everything worked for me. I did not have to compromise with the phone. This is the great thing about apple.
They spent a quarter of the time brainstorming how to create a BETTER phone.
Then it was production for half the time. And finally fixing all the bugs they have.
The result ? Perfection .

That's why apple has such a large consumer market. It goes back to the old days where. You pay and get what you want.
Over on android. You pay and compromise. I really don't get the logic of android base.

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was actually not surprised to see that the iPhone had a bigger screen. Of course us all on iMore probley weren't surprised either because we have pictures. But before I was on iMore, which was August, I was excepting a phone with a bigger screen to compete with the phones like droids that have large screens.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What is there to be EXCITED about?

Seriously? LTE networking, a processor that doubles computational + graphic performance AND a bigger screen with BETTER battery life than the 4S isn't exciting and innovative?

The amount of hardware engineering improvements in the iPhone 5 is impressive. Just because they're not in-your-face blockbuster features doesn't mean Apple didn't innovate. There's PLENTY of innovation going on under the hood that is simply being dismissed.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the big changes between the Samsung Galaxy SII and III were pretty much along the same lines as the 4S -> 5 changes... bigger screen, faster processor, bigger battery (but not necessarily better battery life). They added NFC and bumped Bluetooth to 4.0. Storage capacities, cameras, thickness, supported cellular/wifi bands all stayed the same. Sure they changed the hardware design some but in reality it's still the same old screen with earpiece at the top and buttons across the bottom like every other slab phone.. I would in no way call that "innovative". But people rave over it.

So I don't get how the SIII is this holy grail Jesusdevice and the iPhone 5 is disappointing.

Fluxer

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I think that I am not really impressed with the new iPhone , I expected to hace new unexpected things but I thing it is just the same in some many ways.. and too expensive but I dont know why but I really want one haha!

and guys I want to share this, this is an awesome iPhone Design of Mexico in CNN :D

iPhone Aztlan - CNN iReport

Have and excellent daaay!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? LTE networking, a processor that doubles computational + graphic performance AND a bigger screen with BETTER battery life than the 4S isn't exciting and innovative?

The amount of hardware engineering improvements in the iPhone 5 is impressive. Just because they're not in-your-face blockbuster features doesn't mean Apple didn't innovate. There's PLENTY of innovation going on under the hood that is simply being dismissed.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the big changes between the Samsung Galaxy SII and III were pretty much along the same lines as the 4S -> 5 changes... bigger screen, faster processor, bigger battery (but not necessarily better battery life). They added NFC and bumped Bluetooth to 4.0. Storage capacities, cameras, thickness, supported cellular/wifi bands all stayed the same. Sure they changed the hardware design some but in reality it's still the same old screen with earpiece at the top and buttons across the bottom like every other slab phone.. I would in no way call that "innovative". But people rave over it.

So I don't get how the SIII is this holy grail Jesusdevice and the iPhone 5 is disappointing.

My god you can't be serious.....the 5 is "innovative" yet the S3 isnt? The motion controls alone on the S3 are more innovative than anything on the 5. The 5 added things that are already in existence on other devices. Where's the innovation you speak on. And don't speak as a fan. We know its a great device, but seriously?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Saw this... could not resist posting it... :D

4FiTtsn4jEeWNwS4sEAwRg2.jpg

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the iphone 5 is awesome, BUT for people that have the 4s I don't really understand why all you guys are rushing out to get the iphone 5. The 4s has many of the same features that the iphone 5 has, If I had an 4s I would be completely happy with it and IOS 6 until like the iphone 5s came out or iphone 6. I am upgrading from an iphone 4 so the iphone 5 is a bit of an upgrade for me.

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The iP5 is simply a beautiful phone. Yes the design is similar to the 4/4S, but with subtle updates. Something as subtle as the beveled edge creates a new sophistication to the iPhone family. Not to mention the larger screen size and thinner body.

I believe Apple is the best at marketing their brand and way of life. If we look at the MBP family, the new 15" Retina has kept the same beautiful simple design while making it thinner. We still know that there's going to be the power to do what we need it to do and it's faster. Yes we can purchase cheaper computers but we know what to expect from Apple.

Same goes for the phone, we can get other phones that are flooding the market. There are a few that are awesome and cheaper but again we know what to expect from Apple and if you're like me and use other Apple products, our "ecosystem" just works.

When the first iPhone was released it changed the whole smartphone universe, which in turn created companies to play catch up to Apple. In my eyes, the market is almost on the same playing field and now is when the most fun begins! This era of smart devices have competition, without it new technologies may not arise as quickly. To us the consumer, competition should be welcomed. I know Apple will continue to amaze me with new technologies and products and that's why I'll pay the extra money, not because I'm a follower (I've only bought 1 computer not made by Apple and it died in less than a year) or stupid, it's because Apple has proved to me time and time again that they will provide me with something I'll love.

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the new iPhone is anything special in terms of the market. Of course, all smart phones are freaking amazing - I've been around long enough to remember the Apple 2, C64, Microbee and so on. But this time I seriously considered going to another platform until I figured, being buried deep in the Apple ecosystem, it's more trouble and expense than it's worth. Ordered the 5.

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site

Ummm, dude everything you named here has been out. Exactly how is that innovative? Or are you speaking about being innovated into the iphone5?

Unreal.images

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is a step up and much more refined. Who said it has to be a leap up from everyone out there. The design is great and the have the eco system behind it. As long, as the continue tweaking it every year, why rock the boat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4