What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The keynote is over and Apple has shown the new iPhone to the world. So what did you think? List all of your positives along with negatives. Don't hold back!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 [ARE YOU???] -- Sound Off

Official Thread​
* * * A thread like this was originally created based on the rumors. Turns out, most of the rumors this year are facts. * * *
So, now that you know what the iPhone 5 looks like and what it offers, is it your next phone or is there still another magical device calling your name?

Personally...

Other than the phone being a little longer, it's much of the same thing. Sure, it is faster and has LTE but is there any feature that blows us away like we have seen during other launches?

I can only imagine that Apple will still be a few years behind on getting the screen size correct as the extra half-inch is just that - a half-inch which will mostly be filled with black bars.

I will be leaving Apple this time around. I had my eye on the Galaxy S3 until rumors pointed out that the Galaxy Note 2 would be coming to Verizon.

• What say you. Is this what you have been waiting for?
  • What would you have made different?
  • Is the screen large enough for you?
  • Will you upgrade or set out this year?

Happy commenting!

Reactions: HackNet07

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll still get my hands on the phone. If it sucks then I'll sell it away and buy the new Google Nexus coming this fall.
This year apple is truly bs.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's because we've had so many leaks and so much information way before the announcement, but I'm just not impressed. I was never a fan of the stretched design and the two-tone back so those points already turned me off a bit. Apps that haven't updated will be letterboxed, which I'm not a fan of. I know eventually developers will update their apps to work "officially" on the new screen (let's hope), but it's still something that I'm not really impressed with. I also don't like the redesigned speakers and headphone jack relocation (two things that I hoped were just rumors :p). I'm on a 4 now and I'm 95% leaning on just upgrading to the 4S when I can. I love the design of it and the 3.5" never bothered me...having the same width but a longer length would probably irk me more (because it's just an increase in one dimension). Plus I personally think the 4/4S looks prettier/sleeker...again, not a fan of the two-tone back. The processor is faster, but honestly, from using my sister's 4S the A5X chip suits me just fine. And I don't even know if I get LTE in my area...

That's my two cents. I might just keep my 4 until it just won't turn on anymore :p

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does calling other adults (non fanboys) kiddies make you feel better about yourself? If so, keep at it.

I'd hate to see you down on yourself.

Also, if you have something valuable to offer, that will be great. Anything???

None of this should have been a surprise to anyone. iMore had it all pretty much right... and to be upset about it is rather silly. If you're so danged upset, go get yourself a different phone, and leave here. No one will care.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
None of this should have been a surprise to anyone. iMore had it all pretty much right... and to be upset about it is rather silly. If you're so danged upset, go get yourself a different phone, and leave here. No one will care.

Yep, as with most things in life... you vote with your feet and with your wallet...

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not impressed at all. Basically it's smaller and lighter with .5in bigger screen. Since there's not LTE where I live no point for me right now. I'll just swap out my 4s battery and use it for another year also since its unlocked I can use it over seas.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

If you don't remember, a thread like this was created but people trashed it because the comments were based on "rumors" which later became true. So yes, you are right - nothing was a surprise and I guess that is the most disappointing part about it.

You telling iMore members to leave and that no one will care shows that you have never tried to build an online community. Just because I do not like the iPhone 5 and will not get it does not mean that I should not visit the site. It's members of all types that give Rene, Georgia, and the others a job. We visit, comment, read, and visit ads. You don't run off members just because they do not like the iPhone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'll wait until I hold it to decide. The Lumia 900 and Galaxy Nexus have spoiled me with their screens. Going back to the iPhone now is a little painful.

But I like the all aluminum body and looks like Siri is far more useful and reliable. So I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person. For now it's between this and the Lumia 920 for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not having yet handled the new iPhone, I will say for now that I'm impressed with iOS 6. I like the idea that the new device has 3 microphones, enhanced speakers as well as the aluminum backing, however, I'm not *impressed* with the new longer look, but my opinions may change after I've physically looked at and handled the new iPhone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711