iPhone 5 Notification LED

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you wanted an LED notification light, why in bloody bleep did you buy an iPhone knowing it didn't have one? iPhones have never had one, likely won't - yet you're here complaining about that. What a waste of time, resources, etc... smh.

so much for remaining silent... :eek:

Lol. I came here looking for a way to turn the notification light off on my new iPhone.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping the 5s would have that light ring around the home button that I read about as a rumor.

That's one thing I'll miss on my BlackBerry. My hubby has an iPhone and he also like the LED.

I don't stare at my phone, so if I'm out of the room or just not looking at it and all there is a quick screen light and fade, I'll have to pick up the phone and check.

With the LED, you can tell if you have a message and what kind or from whom with a quick glance at the LED.

I'm still getting an iPhone for other reasons but adding a mutlicolor light would be nice. You can disable them on BlackBerry but the choice is nice.

I also like the light when I'm using the phone. I don't like a text or alert to pop up and interrupt what I'm doing. The LED shows what kind of message and I can decide then.

I tried the camera flash on my husband's phone and it just blinked once. That sisnt help.

lgfaver

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
well... personally coming over from Blackberry, I too wish the iPhone 5 or 5s had a LED light. Honestly I don't get why all the animosity on this subject?
People wish for a feature and I understand some people don't want it or need it but the "reasons" they're giving for not wanting it are complete and utter nonsense(it will make the phone look ugly)??? lol
anyways, I guess with every platform, there are compromises one has to make. The iPhone imo would be perfect if it had this feature and maybe redesigned the keyboard.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i hope the next generation of iphones will have the LED notification on the front..

The LED notification issue on an iPhone is approaching Sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster in terms of its legend. If Apple was going to do it, it would have been done by now, IMO.

And despite those who say it's mean/rude, sometimes the correct answer is "sorry, but that's how it works. If you don't like it, buy something else."

Last edited:

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
After reading skimming through this thread, I want an LED notification light on the iPhone...
Just to **** off the people who don't want one.

Muahahah!!!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I just remembered something.
When I switched to iPhone four years ago, I really missed the LED light for the first couple of weeks.
When I stopped missing it, I realized the led is one of the things that put the crack in crackberry.
I had been a slave to that stupid light, checking it constantly, imagining I saw it blinking when it wasn't.

I felt liberated.
Which is why I'm now hard into the NO WAY DO I WANT AN LED ON THE IPHONE camp.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just remembered something.
When I switched to iPhone four years ago, I really missed the LED light for the first couple of weeks.
When I stopped missing it, I realized the led is one of the things that put the crack in crackberry.
I had been a slave to that stupid light, checking it constantly, imagining I saw it blinking when it wasn't.

I felt liberated.
Which is why I'm now hard into the NO WAY DO I WANT AN LED ON THE IPHONE camp.

This post made me laugh, especially the part about imagining seeing the LED light blinking. You are spot-on....:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77