Why do people keep calling it iPhone 5?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It's the 6th generation don't you guys think it'll be the iPhone 6 or something? I'm thinking the iPhone 4G or even 4G if they really wanna confuse us but the fact is the iPhone was called the iPhone, next (the second gen) was called the 3G, then the 3G then came the 4 for the 4th generation and finally the 4. It seems to me it will be called anything but the 5.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
probably because most people are trained to go in some sort of chronological order

personally i think it is time to go away from the #'s and name it something cool!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I consider the 4S to be the iPhone 5 since its 5th gen but until anything becomes officially announced, TiPb has chosen to call the next gen the iPhone 5 since it has to be called something for now.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Likely because Apple will label it an iphone5 and then the 7th generation phone maybe the iPhone 5s or 5gs. ohhhh or wait maybe they will call the next one iPhone 4GS.......ohhhh that would really upset people.

Just curious was everyone all worried about it when they made the 3GS, or did they just accept it because there was no "iPhone 2"

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well Apple completely missed 2.
Though they kept the number game going from 3 to 4.
Who knows what they are going to call the next phone.
They will either keep the sequence going or call it something else.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I wish they'd stop with the "S" thing. They started a very annoying trend among smartphone naming with that crap.

I want them to name the next one something cool, OR just drop the suffixes altogether! When new iPod versions come out they don't change the name, even when it's drastically different.

It's not that hard to just have it called "iPhone". Let's cut the crap finally and just call it what it is.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish they'd stop with the "S" thing. They started a very annoying trend among smartphone naming with that crap.

I want them to name the next one something cool, OR just drop the suffixes altogether! When new iPod versions come out they don't change the name, even when it's drastically different.

It's not that hard to just have it called "iPhone". Let's cut the crap finally and just call it what it is.

You have to have a name that differentiates the different iPhone models otherwise consumers get confused you could walk into a store an say give me an iPhone and they could hand you a 3GS instead of the 4s. Gotta be something labeled different

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They can call this one the iPhone 5 but after that they need to use something else besides numbers

Why? The numbers have worked just fine for the iPhone thus far. I see no reason why Apple shouldn't continue with their current trend.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You have to have a name that differentiates the different iPhone models otherwise consumers get confused you could walk into a store an say give me an iPhone and they could hand you a 3GS instead of the 4s. Gotta be something labeled different

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I agree. There are currently 3 iPhone models in the stores. If they were all just called "iPhone" no one would know which one was which. Especially when you got 2 like the 4 and 4S that look exactly the same with the exception of the antenna.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
They should call it the iPhone Ultra Xtreme...iPhone 5 is too pedestrian, we need something with some ultra...and extreme (but spelled wrong).

We should start naming them after a fictional character in a specific universe. Coughandroidcough

iPhone Voldemort
iPhone Yoda
iPhone Bornstellar makes eternal lasting (+5 internet points if anyone gets this)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
They should call it the iPhone Ultra Xtreme...iPhone 5 is too pedestrian, we need something with some ultra...and extreme (but spelled wrong).

As long as an X is in the name, it's gold right? Steal the obvious xphone name that MS might take 5 more years to come up with.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2