Carrier/Battery Info Bar Question

gary1949

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Small detail, but I just can't find a solution . . . so time to ask the forum experts.

I'm referring the the info bar at the very top of the display that displays the carrier,signal strength, connection type (4G, 3G, Edge), time, battery level, etc.

When accessing the Settings, the battery level inside the battery icon is green and the signal strength bars are blue. On all other apps I've tried all of the information in this bar is in black. I've tried changing wallpapers to see if that could be affecting this, but everything is still all black.

Anyone know how to get the multi-color display as seen in Settings to appear on the rest of the apps?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
That's just the way it is. You can try a jailbreak to see if there are options, but stock....you can't do anything about it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. If you open Safari you should be seeing the blue signal bars and the green battery. I actually made a whole theme exactly because I didn't want that color scheme--so if you aren't running any themes you should see that in Safari; a lot of apps, though (Facebook and Twitter among others), use the black status bar/white icons that you normally see at the homescreen. That's just the decision the app designers made.

gary1949

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've done some more checking and I do have the multi-colored info bar on some apps (Safari, PageOnce, Paypal, App Store and more), but not on many others. As you said, must be developers choice.

I thought it might have been a setting I screwed up. :eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77