Does Turning Up Brightness Help Photo Quality In Dark?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i was out taking pictures tonight in a dark area where flash was required and someone else had the same phone and their pictures looked so much brighter and clearer and i asked them why and they told me i did not have my brightness turned up all the way. well they were right and it was only half way turned up and they had theirs turned up all the way. i was wondering if you turn your brightness all the way up to max does that help the picture quality and resolution?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
No, that is just the brightness of what is displayed on the screen of the iPhone. It in no way affects camera quality.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so when you put your iphone pics on your computer it won't make any single pic look better because you took it with the brightness all the way up?

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
so when you put your iphone pics on your computer it won't make any single pic look better because you took it with the brightness all the way up?

No. Display is for the phone and doesn't change pictures taken on a specific setting. As others said it will just display brighter when viewing or showing the pictures.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so how come when you take pics in dark areas where it requires flash the pics come out with a grey in the background and not clear like it does when there is no flash?

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a photographer...flash actually sucks and should be used as a fill, not to make an entire dark area brighter....So for example, when in bright sun which causes harsh shadows...use the flash...if its night time and you can get away with longer exposures, use no flash. Google this as there is a lot of info on it.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well how come when you take a picture with an actual camera and the flash goes off the picture looks great. on the iphone when the flash goes off in a dark area the pic has bad colors from the flash

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
well how come when you take a picture with an actual camera and the flash goes off the picture looks great. on the iphone when the flash goes off in a dark area the pic has bad colors from the flash

no pun intended, but are you comparing a real camera flash to a LED camera phone? Either way not always do flash pictures look great....specially at night....

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
well i am asking why they look better on cameras compared to the phone. is it a stronger flash? better camera? ect?

As he said, you're comparing a real camera with real features and hardware, to a more minimalist phone camera.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir, the LED color doesn't mix well with the camera on the phone, causing the colors to look bad. If you use it in sun light, it doesn't look as bad. My advice is alway try to get a shot without flash first. Save it for last resort to get a shot (dark concentrated area, not a full scene)

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
you think they will ever make a camera on a phone as good as a real camera? also do you think apple could of put even a better camera in their 4s than they have now?