moving contacts to new 4s question

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have all my contacts just on my I4, not on yahoo or gmail. when I got my iphone Ijust manually entered them in since i came from a BB.

I have performed a few backups in itunes. So, when I get my 4s and restore from backup, will my contacts follow and load on to new phone? Not sure if contacts are part of the normal backup.. Do I have to do anything special to accomplish this?

Thanks!!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I currently have all my contacts just on my I4, not on yahoo or gmail. when I got my iphone Ijust manually entered them in since i came from a BB.

I have performed a few backups in itunes. So, when I get my 4s and restore from backup, will my contacts follow and load on to new phone? Not sure if contacts are part of the normal backup.. Do I have to do anything special to accomplish this?

Thanks!!

Yes all you need to do is use a restore. Or before you get rid of you're iPhone 4, tomorrow make sure you get the iOS 5 update and make an Apple ID so that when you get you're new iPhone everything will just switch over seemlessly. :)

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving from a blackberry and already sync-ed up my contacts into the addressbook on my computer which should sync up with the iphone through itunes on initiation.

dustinae

Jun 10, 2010
www.dustinae.com
I have a problem with my contacts: I have them sync'd with iCloud so i can view them in my contacts app. However, all my text messages and phone calls still are the numbers of my contacts and not the names of the contacts. Any reason why that is? I am running ios5 on the 4s.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77