Cannot remove sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my first post ever, so please go easy on me. Thanks : -)

I currently have a sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak running on iPhone 4 iOS6.0.1...and would now like to have the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak. However, my attempts at restoring completely or throwing away the sn0wbreeze tethered JB fail miserably.

I get itunes error (sometimes 11, 21, 1601, 1602, 1013 or 3194). I tried several things - used redsnow, tinyumbrella...saved my SHSH blobs too...done everything really but still no go. My SHSH blob is verified but whenever I tried to use it with Redsnow for a restore it gives an error again! I edited my host file too. I tried lots of things from any help I could read on forums, and even youtube videos too.

And oh my Cydia isn't working fine, as in when I search for Evasi0n (or any other app) package it won't load anything, so I can't install that either.

If only my tethered JB was a redsnow one (instead of the sn0wbreeze) it would have been easily upgraded to an Untethered one, but I suppose sn0wbreeze operates differently so am in real trouble. I have been trying to fix this for a week now.

If I just restored it without the shift+restore and do the default/automatic restore then it would have been successfully restored BUT that would mean it would
automatically upgrade to ioS 6.1.3 (which isn't an Untethered JB), right?. I tried to snitch/customise on redsnow but still no go.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you very much.

P.S: A detailed instruction will be really appreciated.

Device: iPhone 4; version 6.0.1 (BB 04.12.02); iTunes version 11; OS -windows 7

Regards,
Kate

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
OK are you still on 6.0.1? First, backup your data. You can use sn0wbreeze in iFaith mode to pull out the proper 6.0.1 SHSH from your device, and then restore to a clean 6.0.1. This must be done on a PC. After that, run evasi0n to jailbreak, then restore your data from iTunes.

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
OK are you still on 6.0.1? First, backup your data. You can use sn0wbreeze in iFaith mode to pull out the proper 6.0.1 SHSH from your device, and then restore to a clean 6.0.1. This must be done on a PC. After that, run evasi0n to jailbreak, then restore your data from iTunes.

Hi Laelipoo,

Thanks for the prompt reply. If I use sn0wbreeze and customise the IPSW file (through iFaith), won't that mean it will be partially/tethered jailbroken with sn0wbreeze?

Also, does that mean I can try to restore it using the customised IPSW I now have on my system when I jailbroke it with sn0wbreeze in the first place?

Thank you,
kate

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If you already have a 6.0.1 you could use that. I am not entirely sure if it comes pre-jailbroken, as it's an windows-only app, and I only have a mac. It is the only one that supports downgrading any 6.x firmware though.

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
If you already have a 6.0.1 you could use that. I am not entirely sure if it comes pre-jailbroken, as it's an windows-only app, and I only have a mac. It is the only one that supports downgrading any 6.x firmware though.

Yea what I am currently having is a Sn0wbreeze tethered JB. I want an Untethered one using Evasi0n, that's why I want this snowbreeze tethered JB removed (which I can't).

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Which I understand, but the only way to remove a jailbreak is to restore. You can restore to 6.1.3 and use the tethered evasi0n, or perhaps there is a way to make this work. I cannot tell you, as I do not have a PC, but perhaps you could send the developer of sn0wbreeze an email and ask him if there is a way to do what you want.

waleedgangnam

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I currently have a sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak running on iPhone 4 iOS6.0.1...and would now like to have the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak. However, my attempts at restoring completely or throwing away the sn0wbreeze tethered JB fail miserably.

I get itunes error (sometimes 11, 21, 1601, 1602, 1013 or 3194). I tried several things - used redsnow, tinyumbrella...saved my SHSH blobs too...done everything really but still no go. My SHSH blob is verified but whenever I tried to use it with Redsnow for a restore it gives an error again! I edited my host file too. I tried lots of things from any help I could read on forums, and even youtube videos too.

And oh my Cydia isn't working fine, as in when I search for Evasi0n (or any other app) package it won't load anything, so I can't install that either.

If only my tethered JB was a redsnow one (instead of the sn0wbreeze) it would have been easily upgraded to an Untethered one, but I suppose sn0wbreeze operates differently so am in real trouble. I have been trying to fix this for a week now.

If I just restored it without the shift+restore and do the default/automatic restore then it would have been successfully restored BUT that would mean it would
automatically upgrade to ioS 6.1.3 (which isn't an Untethered JB), right?. I tried to snitch/customise on redsnow but still no go.

Regards,
Kate

For full support send me email: spidyzno3@gmail.com
So we can contact easily. I'm sure u can fix ur problem.
Peace.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Regards,
Kate

First off welcome to iMore :)

I'm going to take a shot at this I am by far not a jb expert.

Have you tried using redsnow and stitching your shsh to that so you can restore to a non jb 6.0.1? Then download evasion and jb it with that ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
First off welcome to iMore :)

I'm going to take a shot at this I am by far not a jb expert.

Have you tried using redsnow and stitching your shsh to that so you can restore to a non jb 6.0.1? Then download evasion and jb it with that ?

Hi Peligro911,

Thanks for the welcome: -)

Yes I have tried stitching/customising my SHSH but I still get the dreadful iTunes error 3190 whenever I tried to restore it with my customised IPSW.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
GOOD NEWS!

I reinstalled my Cydia, and then added Evasi0n and now it's fully Untethered! Ooh la la!

I deserve some sleep now...after all the iTunes error, customising/stitching IPSW and stuff, it's just merely a corrupted Cydia reinstallation that rescued me! WOOHOO!*thumps chest* : -)

So then what JB do I have now - Sn0wbreeze or Evasi0n? lol

Also, one last question, if I want to upgrade to say..6.1.2 now (currently 6.0.1) do I need to do the Snowbreeze custom IPSW or can I just directly install the firmware?

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Mucho appreciated!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I would have to say evasi0n. On that note: stay where you are. A lot of the SHSH blobs were corrupted. Moving to 6.1.2 could lead to all kinds of bad juju. Now that you're all set on 6.0.1, it may be best to just stay there. For now. :)

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I would have to say evasi0n. On that note: stay where you are. A lot of the SHSH blobs were corrupted. Moving to 6.1.2 could lead to all kinds of bad juju. Now that you're all set on 6.0.1, it may be best to just stay there. For now. :)

Cheers Laelipoo.

My only reason for wanting an update/upgrade is that my iphone 'search' (not Cydia's one) isn't working and there are other few issues with some apps, so I thought updating the iOS would help.

Having said that I don't have any saved SHSH blobs higher than my current one, so there's no way I could do an upgrade anyway right? Or..?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Cheers Laelipoo.

My only reason for wanting an update/upgrade is that my iphone 'search' (not Cydia's one) isn't working and there are other few issues with some apps, so I thought updating the iOS would help.

Having said that I don't have any saved SHSH blobs higher than my current one, so there's no way I could do an upgrade anyway right? Or..?

Exactly. You're stuck where you are. It's probably better to live without Spotlight and be jailbroken. Right?

kateadams95

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. You're stuck where you are. It's probably better to live without Spotlight and be jailbroken. Right?

Everything's fallen into place! My spotlight search not working was due to my settings on iProtect! *facepalm at myself* lol! Am free, jailbroken and happy now! haha