New and need a litte help...

agirl65

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought a jailbroken 4 and really knew nothing about it. I've just used the phone as is and haven't made any changes because I didn't want to mess anything up. Now I am upgrading to a 4S and am not sure what to do. When I go to switch all of my info over, will it carry over the tweaks and such? I do not want to jailbreak my 4S. I hope this makes sense...

Thank you in advance!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
there is a possibility that when you use a backup from a Jailbroken device it will carry over Jailbroken info. there is also a possibility that it can affect something-somehow-someway

my suggestion would be to start all over (apps, settings, email etc..) this way you will reassure that there will be 0 issues due to the previous jailbreak data. it can be a PITA but way worth it in my opinion

do you have your contacts backed up? (iCloud, Google etc..)

agirl65

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info!! I do have my contacts backed up with iCloud. But you made me feel better, I don't mind starting fresh if I know it will be worth it in the end not to mess up my new phone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
awesome! feel free to ask anymore questions

and just for the record i Restore as New all of the time, weird i know. i have a problem but lets not get into that

agirl65

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh thank you, I appreciate that so much. I've had blackberries for years and the first iPhone I get is jailbroken and I was afraid I'd mess it up for real. And restore as new, gotcha, that helps letting me know. Whew! You've made me feel better! :)

agirl65

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Great!! I am excited about getting it! I do have one more question. How would I remove all of my info without messing the phone up since it has been jailbroken?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in iTunes you will select restore and towards the end of the restore process you want to select Restore as New iPhone

this will bring it back to its original settings. just like out of the box

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2