Weird backlight problems

aidandj

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
So I'm currently trying to fix my moms water damaged iphone. Everything seems to work except the backlight. But its not just a broken backlight. When I first plugged it in after the battery had died it seemed to work. Until after charging for a while it auto turned off then the backlight stopped working. I let it sit for a while and then the backlight worked. Until I turned it off again. This time I waited for it to turn back on, set it to never auto-lock. And the backlight never stopped working. Until it was fully charged and I tried turning it off. At that point the backlight would not turn back on. Also during this whole process, reseting it, power cycling it, and a complete firmware restore has not changed the condition.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The first thing you should do when working with a water damaged iPhone is remove the power source to avoid any further damage from shorting. You also need to disassemble the phone and clean all components and especially connectors with isopropyl alcohol to remove any corrosion present. Honestly I'd replace the battery too if you haven't already. Make sure all connectors are firmly in place and reassemble and power up. If you still have the same problem you need to replace the display assembly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2