Unable to Sync New Items

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden I am unable to sync anything new to my iPhone.
Currently my phone shows
6.20GB music
0.23GB photos
3GB apps
.03GB books
.92GB other
3.6GB free

Whenever I go to sync, it gets to the apps stops & I get a warning that my iPhone cannot sync because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in my iTunes library (additional 3.37GB required). I was only trying to add 1 album that's about 100MB. Even with deleting that album, my phone still will not sync...giving me that same message. And I clearly have free space.

Has anyone else encountered this? How did you fix? Or does any one have any idea what to do to fix?

Thanks for any help provided....

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It's probably trying to add more than you want it to. When I first updated my iPad to iOS5, I got the same notice, because for some reason it had defaulted to trying to add my entire music library.

Try checking to see what all it's trying to sync.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Reactions: CKisses

weifone

Banned
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
It's probably trying to add more than you want it to. When I first updated my iPad to iOS5, I got the same notice, because for some reason it had defaulted to trying to add my entire music library.

Try checking to see what all it's trying to sync.

I have the same satuation with when I used it before..May be your suggestions can do something..:)

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion verwon.

Well I could never really figure out what happened. I don't know why my iTunes would all of a sudden try to sync my entire music library from my computer.

My fix was to just delete all my music from my iTunes library, sync my iPhone and then add back the music I wanted. This was easy enough for me because I only carry about 6GB of music on my phone. And I don't sync my entire music folder to iTunes.

Maybe I'll keep looking to see if I can figure out what happened...but for now problem solved. :cool:

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Well I could never really figure out what happened. I don't know why my iTunes would all of a sudden try to sync my entire music library from my computer.

My fix was to just delete all my music from my iTunes library, sync my iPhone and then add back the music I wanted. This was easy enough for me because I only carry about 6GB of music on my phone. And I don't sync my entire music folder to iTunes.

Maybe I'll keep looking to see if I can figure out what happened...but for now problem solved. :cool:

I was going to say to restore your device, start over from scratch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Glad you found a solution! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2