Thinking of an Iphone 4

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions? I currently have an Atrix on ATT and am considering coming to Verizon for this phone. The service here for ATT is spotty. I know I'm in the wrong place, but non biased opinions would be nice. I have an IPad 2 already so is it even worth it for me to get another Apple product? Should I stick with the Atrix and android cause I have thirty days to return the phone and service.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions? I currently have an Atrix on ATT and am considering coming to Verizon for this phone. The service here for ATT is spotty. I know I'm in the wrong place, but non biased opinions would be nice. I have an IPad 2 already so is it even worth it for me to get another Apple product? Should I stick with the Atrix and android cause I have thirty days to return the phone and service.

I share having the iPad 2, have a large screen Android (Droid X), and iPhone (Verizon). They're all fine products.

A particular application drove my decision and I'll probably sell the Droid X. I will miss the large screen, superior navigation and superior calendar integration. That said the iPhone has nice features too. It's always responsive and I like the podcast playing with screen lock, controls on the headphone mic. The very sharp display helps make up for the small display.

In my case AT&T would be a problem because the data service is slow places I travel and voice calls drop more near a place I work at often. Some I know do just fine with AT&T in their general travels.

The obvious will be giving up the customization with Android.

Good luck.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It is all about the service reception. What good is a phone without good service. You won't be disappointed. You might miss the larger screen if you like the Atrix screen size.

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care about screen size, I'm fine with anything as long as it isn't too tiny. The calendar integration isn't too important to me. I just want something that will keep me happy for the next two years.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I would get the Verizon iPhone if you can if AT&T has spotty service where you are. I love the iPhone over the droid. I have owned a couple droids and I just love the iPhone so much more. The battery life compared to the droids is awesome.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Worth is always highly subjective and you don't seem to have included anything about your needs/wants. It is impossible to provide relevant suggestions to you without such info. If you want unbiased info on the devices out there there's plenty of info already out there such as the technical specs.

Keep in mind if you're asking for someone else's sense of worth then you're asking for biased information. It doesn't really matter if another person finds something to be worthwhile unless your preferences happen to exactly match those of the other person. However, understanding why (rarely asked in threads like this for some reason) another person does or does not find something worthwhile might help you in determining where your own preferences may lie. However, simple polling will only tell you what's popular which isn't the same thing as what suits you best. Hopefully you're looking into the latter.

I know, that is such a big thing! But is it worth owning both an iPad and an iPhone?
Again, highly subjective. I find it to be worth it. They fill different niches. I also find my Macbook and AppleTV to be worth it. YMMV, of course.

The service here for ATT is spotty.
Should I stick with the Atrix and android cause I have thirty days to return the phone and service.
I'd strongly suggest returning it and trying out Verizon to see if Verizon's coverage meets your needs. Take advantage of the initial return period that each carrier offers to test out coverage so you can cancel without ETF if needed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2