loose power button?

brandonx1000

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been a long time Android user, and I finally bit the bullet and went iOS to get something different. So far, I love it.

The most enticing thing about the device is the build quality. The only question I have is do most power buttons wiggle around? From day one, it has some give in all 4 directions. It doesn't rattle around (i noticed my camera makes a rattle, though), but when i touch it, i can feel it move.

It also seems a little harder to push than my Droid's power button. Is there an issue, or is my OCD just acting up?

Thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My power button is loose and does have a rattle. Most will have slight give and not too much. Mine is just more than the average. Yes the button is harder to push than most Androids. Its to help stop from accidently turning the screen on all the time. Everyhting else works fine on my phone so it doesnt bother me. It it ever gets worse, I'll exchange it for a new one at Apple.

Also, all iphone will have a camera rattle when you tap the top part of the phone. Most smartphones do too. My HTC Inspire does and my 9700 that I had did too.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So, I've been a long time Android user, and I finally bit the bullet and went iOS to get something different. So far, I love it.

The most enticing thing about the device is the build quality. The only question I have is do most power buttons wiggle around? From day one, it has some give in all 4 directions. It doesn't rattle around (i noticed my camera makes a rattle, though), but when i touch it, i can feel it move.

It also seems a little harder to push than my Droid's power button. Is there an issue, or is my OCD just acting up?

Thanks!

Mine also has a tiny amount of wiggle if I rest my finger on it and wiggle. If for some reason it starts acting strange though you have a full year for Apple to replace it; like they did when the button sank into the housing of the phone on my old iPhone 3G.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, all iphone will have a camera rattle when you tap the top part of the phone. Most smartphones do too. My HTC Inspire does and my 9700 that I had did too.

my iPhone camera does not have a rattle nor is the home button even slightly loose...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
my iPhone camera does not have a rattle nor is the home button even slightly loose...

Yours is rare. I haven't seen one without the camera rattle. And the OP wasn't talking about the home button. It was the power button.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Not that rare. My iPhone4 does not rattle and neither is the Home button or Power button "loose". Got it on launch day so it's had plenty of use, lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77