Iphone 4 Text/Contacts Problem! Please Help!

phishyphan1

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Please Help. I have an unjailbroken IP4 4.3 and i just came across a problem. When i go into contacts and find someone i would like to text, i click send text message and immediately the phone pulls up the message app but there is no contact listed in the box. if i click the "cancel" message and then click the box to send a new message, the original person i tried to text NOW shows up. this is super annoying. have you heard of this? is there a way to fix it??? please let me know.. thanks much

phishyphan1

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I set up my iphone as a new device. My wife has an Iphone 4 and i have not updated to 4.3 with hers and it works fine when i click "send text message" from the contacts. it opens up the messaging app and the person you want to text is clearly listed. This is just so bizarre. Thanks for the comments so far...

the-black-swan

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem

i figured out a way to fix it. and this strange.

make sure that your messages aren't empty. if there's at least one text message in your sms, the problem doesn't occur.

it only happens when my message box is empty.

aside from that, I discovered another bug. sometimes, contact won't auto-fill when i type the first letter of the name of the person i want to text.

these problems occured from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3

i tried all basic troubleshooting (reset, hard reset, set the device as new).

yamahog

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an unjailbroken IP4 4.3 and i just came across a problem. When i go into contacts and find someone i would like to text, i click send text message and immediately the phone pulls up the message app but there is no contact listed in the box. if i click the "cancel" message and then click the box to send a new message, the original person i tried to text NOW shows up. this is super annoying. have you heard of this?
Wow, I thought I was the only one with this problem. The Genius at the Apple store couldn't resolve it, nor could the Apple internet support, nor could the guy at the Verizon store where I bought it. Super annoying. Mine also had other problems: the proximity sensor would cut off my calls when my face would touch the phone during conversations and the axis-gyro thing would lock up from time to time and wouldn't adjust when I changed the position of the phone from "portrait" to "landscape." Took the phone back to Verizon and returned it. Cost me a $35 restocking fee, but it was worth the fee to not have to tolerate the bugs.

--Dave

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2