Mail on iPhone

ddnichols7

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
On my BB when I would get a email it would automatically pop up. With mail on my iPhone I have to tap the mail icon to get it to load and check for new mail. Anyway at all to get the mail to just show up without tapping the icon for it to load?

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I know there's a thread around here somewhere explaining it, but can it be done without setting up a gmail? I keep reading I need a gmail.

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, there isn't a pop up or anything for new mail, like there is for a new text. I know what you are talking about and it is somewhat annoying, much like not having a "Read All" option or something. Even though it only takes about 5 seconds to get to the new mail and either read it or delete it, having to go into my mail and then look to see which email account has the new mail sucks.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, there isn't a pop up or anything for new mail, like there is for a new text. I know what you are talking about and it is somewhat annoying, much like not having a "Read All" option or something. Even though it only takes about 5 seconds to get to the new mail and either read it or delete it, having to go into my mail and then look to see which email account has the new mail sucks.

I dont really find it that annoying at all. There isnt a pop up for blackberry emails either so you would still have to go and open the app even on a blackberry.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The BB used it's own servers to pull mail off other accounts and push that to your phone. Apple has a service like that, if you sign up for it, called mobile me.

Otherwise you can set up some accounts ( google, Hotmail and yahoo for example ) as exchange accounts and they will push email to you in a similar fashion to what you have has before.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
on the BB I would get notified right when I got a new mail message, much like SMS.

You need to setup your email either as Exchange (Gmail and Hotmail provide this for free) or use Yahoo (not as reliable). Otherwise you will not get push email.

For everyone asking, Google; "Google Sync" for step by step setup instructions. Microsoft also provides setup help via hotmail support area.

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The OP isn't asking about push though, they are looking for a way to skip through having to always push the mail icon and go into the email that way, if I'm reading that post correct.

Last edited:

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have yahoo...how do you set it up as an exchange? You also said it wasn't as reliable...is it something I'm doing in settings or is it just not reliable sending it out?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
He isn't asking about push though, he is looking for a way to skip through having to always push the mail icon and go into his email that way, if I'm reading that post correct.

"Anyway at all to get the mail to just show up without tapping the icon for it to load?"

Maybe it's some of both, I'm not really sure. Kind of confusing. Who is your email provider OP?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have yahoo...how do you set it up as an exchange? You also said it wasn't as reliable...is it something I'm doing in settings or is it just not reliable sending it out?

Yahoo will do native push, you don't have to set it up as Exchange. In my experience it is not as fast as Gmail via Exchange and sometimes it just doesn't push at all for long periods of time. Go into your mail settings and see if push is turned on for your Yahoo account.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry fir hijacking the thread, I've been wondering about this for days. My settings are set to push. I think I need to just suck it up and set up a gmail for forwarding purposes. Thank you sting!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77