Insurance or no insurance?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I JUST got off the phone with SquareTrade and their rep confirmed that if they cannot fix an item they send you a check BEFORE you buy a new item. You use their money to buy a new one. I just insured a new 7.1 Sony AV receiver with their 50% off coupon too. 3 years of coverage for $15. :D

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I JUST got off the phone with SquareTrade and their rep confirmed that if they cannot fix an item they send you a check BEFORE you buy a new item. You use their money to buy a new one. I just insured a new 7.1 Sony AV receiver with their 50% off coupon too. 3 years of coverage for $15. :D

Thanks for the update Darth!!! I was told on the phone by one CSR that you purchase then get reimbursed then two other CSRs told me you get the check before. I'm beginning to believe you are right and I certainly hope I don't have to find out anytime soon.

cougtl

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I used to get insurance when it was $4.99 a month. Recently it has gotten so expensive that I have taken a new path with my smartphones. The deductible is almost the same price I paid with a contract

I don't get insurance at all. It saves $10 a month or so

If my phone breaks I just add a line to my account for $10 a month. this is sort of paying insurance only if its needed after the fact.

So far I have only broken one phone and it cost me $240 because of the extended contract.

Its a slight gamble but if you take care of your phones for the most part then it works well. Plus if you have an extra line and you decide to keep it then you can renew every year or so at reduced prices.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
WTF is up with this forum and SPAM???? C'mon, I have never seen this crap on any other of the forum sites..... where are the mods at here?????

blewGeohoto

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Cheap MAGIX Music Maker 16 Premium

Buy cheap Pantaray Research QSetup Installation Suite Pro 10.0.0.4 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap Pantaray Research QSetup Installation Suite Pro 10.0.0.4 Oem Software Version
Buy cheap BurnAware Professional 2.1.2 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap BurnAware Professional 2.1.2 Oem Software Version
Buy cheap Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6 Oem Software Version
Buy cheap Propellerheads ReCycle 2.1 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap Propellerheads ReCycle 2.1 Oem Software Version
Buy cheap ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery 5.0 Oem Software Version - Buy cheap ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery 5.0 Oem Software Version

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, SquareTrade folks, I got a free case from ST today. It came in the mail. I already had a case, but talk about customer service. :D

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
any updated SQ Trade coupon codes out there?

FF30 still works and gets you $30 off an iPhone warranty, bringing the cost to just $94 as does putting my e-mail address in the referral field, Darthgamer138@gmail.com :D

(I got these coupon codes with my free iPhone 4 case)

By the way, the free iPhone 4 case you get is pretty nice, but it is for the AT&T iPhone. It works just fine for the ViP, but the mute switch is a little obscured.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have always had the Asurion insurance offered by Verizon, but luckily, never had to make a claim thus far. The cost went up $2/month for the iPhone compared to the coverage on my Droid Incredible.

I am now thinking of covering it under my homeowners policy and dropping the Asurion coverage next month.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yeah its a high ded but if I lose my phone, I dont want to pay $749 plus tax. I'd rather pay $200. The monthly fee break down to like .40 cents a day. Not a back breaker.

i remember when you used to tell me that was a crazy amount to pay for insurance, i knew you'd come around :D

and i agree, i rather pay the monthly fee to asurion and never lose my phone, then to have squaretrade cover me for non-theft/lost and for me to have my phone lost/stolen. i've never lost my phone and not found it (only time i lost, but did find my phone was a nextel i had almost 10 years ago).

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
FWIW I talked with my insurance agent and he says that I can add my iphones to my homeowners policy for $50/yr for each phone. Covers everything except water damage.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It is always funny to hear " I always take care of my phones thus I do not need an insurance ".
I have always took care of my expensive electronics and carried an insurance!

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So with all of the threads going on about which insurance provider offers the cheapest rate I am curious who is getting insurance and who isn't. I personally have never had insurance for any of my phones and luckily have never needed it. I am extremely careful with my phones and never drop or damage them. Is there anyone else like me or are most of you getting insurance?
Accidents happen. I've never planned on dropping or losing the devices that I dropped or lost.

It's purely a personal call that you need to make for yourself. You can poll people as much as you want but ultimately you need to figure out which option suits you best. Consider everything, not just the cost of the insurance options. Look at coverages, deductibles, etc.

cristalD

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
well I am having an insurance cover for my phone as I am having an expensive phone so its better to have an insurance plan that will cover my phone from accidental damage,loss or theft.so I would advice you to go for an insurance plan instead of taking any risk.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
That makes no sense. Insurance is a for profit business. That means on average, you pay more for insurance than it would cost to fix your phone. Unless you cannot afford the loss (like a house or car) you are better off self-insuring. Don't forget, reputable repair sites can fix your phone for less than the cost of a new iPhone.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2