I have been reading all of the responses on here about SquareTrade and while I am convinced that this is a good warranty what concerns I have is this: I called them to get the actual info on how it works if i buy the warranty and I drop my phone and break the display. They told me I have to send it in after making a claim online or calling and they send me a prepaid label. They try and repair it within 5 days and if they can't my cost is waived but I would then have to go buy a new phone where they subsidize the cost up to full retail depending on what phone I buy... 16gb or 32 gb.

What concerns me is that I would for example have to come up with $599.00 for the 16gb and then they would reimbuse me. What if someone does not have that money? I am only asking. There are a few concerns I have about this so I hope someone will answer this thread and settle my concerns about how the warranty actually works.
    They write you a check for the full retail and you take that money and buy a replacement.

As for not covering loss, I think of it like this: I've never lost a phone before and if I lose this one I have the "Where is my iPhone app" that works quite well.
    02-14-2011 04:52 PM
    They write you a check for the full retail and you take that money and buy a replacement.

As for not covering loss, I think of it like this: I've never lost a phone before and if I lose this one I have the "Where is my iPhone app" that works quite well.
    I agree with your comment about losing the phone, I have never lost a phone either.

They DO NOT write you a check and then you go and buy a phone. I said that I called and had a very extensive talk with a rep and asked alot of questions, You have to get the phone first and then submitt hem the receipt for reimbursement.

Just like when you buy the initial insurance you have to furnish them the receipt that you DID buy the phone.
    02-14-2011 05:30 PM
    I agree with your comment about losing the phone, I have never lost a phone either.

They DO NOT write you a check and then you go and buy a phone. I said that I called and had a very extensive talk with a rep and asked alot of questions, You have to get the phone first and then submitt hem the receipt for reimbursement.

Just like when you buy the initial insurance you have to furnish them the receipt that you DID buy the phone.
    Well that sucks and is not how it works for other services of theirs. If you insure a large item with them and it breaks and they need to send a contractor out, Squaretrade pays them directly and you do not have to pay them.
    02-14-2011 06:09 PM
    Is there a deductible with squaretrade? I could see any place of what it covered
    02-14-2011 06:40 PM
    Is there a deductible with squaretrade? I could see any place of what it covered
    None for electrical/mechanical failure, $50 for accidental.
    02-14-2011 07:00 PM
    Well that sucks and is not how it works for other services of theirs. If you insure a large item with them and it breaks and they need to send a contractor out, Squaretrade pays them directly and you do not have to pay them.
    Darth I agree but with everyone in the thread swearing by SquareTrade I had to call them and even though they are based in San Fran. I talked to a rep in the Philipeans and 2 different reps told me the same thing on what i posted on how it works with the iPhone 4.

You have 2 options, You send it to them prepaid and they find a service REPAIR center and if in 5 days they cannot fix it you pay nothing, then you can go buy another phone at full value of which at that time they will reimbuse you. I don't know about you but I don't have $600.00 floating around to cut loose until they reimburse me.
    02-14-2011 07:38 PM
    Darth I agree but with everyone in the thread swearing by SquareTrade I had to call them and even though they are based in San Fran. I talked to a rep in the Philipeans and 2 different reps told me the same thing on what i posted on how it works with the iPhone 4.

You have 2 options, You send it to them prepaid and they find a service REPAIR center and if in 5 days they cannot fix it you pay nothing, then you can go buy another phone at full value of which at that time they will reimbuse you. I don't know about you but I don't have $600.00 floating around to cut loose until they reimburse me.
    Same here. I wouldn't have $749.99 + tax just laying around. Oh well, I guess if I ever need to use it I will just hope that they fix it.
    02-14-2011 08:09 PM
    I just went to Squaretrade to purchase and the price is back to $99.00 for 2 years.
    02-14-2011 11:56 PM
    I just went to Squaretrade to purchase and the price is back to $99.00 for 2 years.
    Yeah, it ended a few days ago at the $81 price.
    02-15-2011 12:07 AM
    Yeah, it ended a few days ago at the $81 price.
    use the coupon code vphone

but better hurry ends today
    02-15-2011 12:25 AM
    I actually ended up buying squaretrade yesterday because of that $81 price. I have 60 days to cancel for a full refund so I will probably end up doing that. Just want to have it in case anything happens in the next couple months.
    02-15-2011 09:27 AM
    I have always insured my iPhones with my insurance company. I have a seperate policy just for my phone. I insure them for the full retail price and I pay $40 per year... NO DEDUCTABLE!! That's what up!!
    02-15-2011 09:30 AM
    I paid for AppleCare on my iPhone 4 but I think in the future I'll look for an alternative that includes loss and damage. I think the Verizon $12 a month insurance is too much, especially if it has a high deductible. I have the $6 plan on our kids' feature phones cuz they are constantly losing and breaking them but there is a limit to how many $50 replacements you can have. Our son helped us find this out. The last time one of their phones broke, I wound up buying a replacement on ebay for what it would have cost for the deductible on Verizon and there was no risk of having somebody back charge me for $599 because they ruled the damage "abuse" after I'd sent it in.
    02-15-2011 11:05 AM
    well i did buy the sq insurance yesterday and after reading this thread i called them and bassically they told me 5 days for fix if its not fix i have to spend 730 that i dont have send them my recipt wait for them to refund me back, non the less that could take weeks, i went searching for information and find out that this happenes quite alot and sometimes they say the dont warranty that problem such as hardware failure even though it says on their site they do, but anyways i cancelled it and im going back to the verizon insurance due to the fact that i can walk in with a busted phone and walk out with a new or refurbished one, where with sq i would have to wait 5 days to even see anything resembling my phone, i dont know about you but i cant go 5 days without my phone
    02-15-2011 11:33 AM
    For the reimbursement what you could do is put it on a credit card and just immediately pay it off with the check. Still better than the Verizon rip-off IMO.
    02-15-2011 11:56 AM
    problem is i just dont have 730 at all, im 18 barely make 400 every two weeks, pay my own insurance,gas,rent everything im lucky if i have 50 bucks left after each pay check, if it costs more for verizon then im happy because i then know i can get phone even for 170 and have it in two days then have to wait 2 months to get enough to puy a full price one, and i lose my phones so verizon just seemed right for me but it might not be for other people just my .2$
    02-15-2011 12:00 PM
    Use the Coupon Code floating around in a thread here: FF30

THis will save you some money.
    02-15-2011 01:09 PM
    well i did buy the sq insurance yesterday and after reading this thread i called them and bassically they told me 5 days for fix if its not fix i have to spend 730 that i dont have send them my recipt wait for them to refund me back, non the less that could take weeks, i went searching for information and find out that this happenes quite alot and sometimes they say the dont warranty that problem such as hardware failure even though it says on their site they do, but anyways i cancelled it and im going back to the verizon insurance due to the fact that i can walk in with a busted phone and walk out with a new or refurbished one, where with sq i would have to wait 5 days to even see anything resembling my phone, i dont know about you but i cant go 5 days without my phone
    This is exactly why I posted this info that I told Darth about. Sometimes unless you ask a rep before you buy you will save alot of grief down the road had you not read the threads and what I posted that I learned. What eveyone swears by on here is not always the best.
    02-15-2011 01:12 PM
    For the reimbursement what you could do is put it on a credit card and just immediately pay it off with the check. Still better than the Verizon rip-off IMO.
    A good alternative Darth and hopefully you get the check to pay off your credit card...lol
    02-15-2011 01:14 PM
    Best option I've seen, and they also can provide a loaner phone while yours is being repaired.
    Verizon iPhone Insurance - iPhone 4 Insurance, iPhone 3gs Insurance - Buy iPhone Insurance

This one sounds interesting too:
    iPhone - Protect Me Protection Plan | Extended Warranty | Lost & Stolen
    02-15-2011 05:18 PM
    Don't want to argue with anyone I'm just saying what happened to us with SquareTrade. DIL broke screen by dropping iPhone. File claim online. They send email with label to print.it is postage paid label with next day delivery. Sent off and in 5 days we got it back with new screen. Later the same DIL got the iPhone wet. Filed claim. Got label. Mailed and in 3 days the notified us it could not be fixed and they would issue funds. I believe it was either 2 or 3 days we had the money. Went then and used an upgrade we had available on family plan and got her another one.I just want people to know we never had to go buy phone, mail receipt, and wait for ever for money. Just a FYI for anyone on our experience.
    02-15-2011 06:06 PM
    I'm sort of being a rebel and not getting the insurance. Actually since my first phone (10 years now) I've never had insurance and was never sorry. I guess it depends how u use it and where u use your device
    02-15-2011 06:56 PM
    Asurion insurance if you can afford it. Play on player!
    02-17-2011 07:45 AM
    if you jailbreak your device, does this void all warranties? i was told that vzw or asurion would not cover and would void the warranty if the device was jailbroken. is this true? or what about apple, spuaretrade, bestbuy etc.? Thanks,
    02-17-2011 04:46 PM
    if you jailbreak your device, does this void all warranties? i was told that vzw or asurion would not cover and would void the warranty if the device was jailbroken. is this true? or what about apple, spuaretrade, bestbuy etc.? Thanks,
    Shhhh! You don't TELL VZW or Apple or anyone that! There is no way to tell the device was JBen, so it would still be covered.
    02-17-2011 04:54 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD