faulty home button

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It is unquestionably the home button itself...it's a known issue, and one that the Apple store knows about too. I got my iP4 replaced (and it had water damage too, lol), they asked what was wrong, i told them the home button wasnt responsive at times and the proximity sensor was also still having trouble...no questions asked, got a new handset.

Mine has homebutton problem too that my wife's doesn't have. I'll probably exchange it when untethered jb comes out.

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I too have noticed this but very rarely does it happen too me. I actually thought it was human error on my part.

If water damage stickers are activated the warranty is null and void. I doubt you'd get a replacement, but good luck trying. Let us know how it works out.

Same, sometimes if I think I double click, I may be wrong, but it shows the triple click menu

mockinmaro

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Too much internet browsing make it so because of messy cookies, i just clean manually and now its free up much room and little responding time.

calum86

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
i'm getting this same problem, what did you guys have the most luck doing? I bought my iPhone 4 from an O2 shop, so should i go there, or to an apple store?

Do they replace the phone there and then, or send it away? as i had a problem with my 3g a year ago and they sent it away to be fixed, and it took over a month!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i'm getting this same problem, what did you guys have the most luck doing? I bought my iPhone 4 from an O2 shop, so should i go there, or to an apple store?

Do they replace the phone there and then, or send it away? as i had a problem with my 3g a year ago and they sent it away to be fixed, and it took over a month!

They replaced mine on the spot, no questions asked (outside "What's wrong with it?") You can butter them up a little bit by telling them that it's the home button AND a serious problem with the proximity sensor, seems either one of those are kind of like an auto-replace situation (from what ive read and understand from my own experience).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77