See yourself using anything other than an iPhone for a very long time to come? It doesn't matter what provider has it, just the phone itself.

I can't see myself dropping the iPhone at all.
    09-28-2010 05:57 PM
    I'm the same way. Can't even think about going to another phone. I'll keep my iPhone for a while!!
    09-28-2010 06:34 PM
    Right now I can't. I used to change phones every few weeks/months after I would get bored with them and always looking for "the one". That changed in the summer of 2007 and I haven't even looked at another phone. Although Windows Phone 7 does look interesting mostly from the stand point of being heavily invested in Microsoft for everything else.
    09-28-2010 07:15 PM
    only the "SEABIRD" but looks like that wont be fishing for my money for a very long time if ever. Apple will probably be able to beat it by then so nope.
    09-28-2010 08:02 PM
    As much as I used to slag on it, there are a couple new HTC Android devices coming out that look decent. Not released yet, so I can't give you their names though. Good enough to get rid of iPhone... prolly not. But def for a second phone.
    09-28-2010 08:27 PM
    And why can't you release the names? I doubt you're under NDA.
    09-28-2010 08:38 PM
    Cant see it happening at all...
    09-28-2010 08:49 PM
    If the Seabird or a similar device was released before a comprable iPhone was released id probably switch... At least until Apple overtook them again...

I have NO loyalties. I always choose the best device and IMHO it has been the iPhone ever since the 2G was first released.
    09-28-2010 08:52 PM
    And why can't you release the names? I doubt you're under NDA.
    Because I don't know them. Just some leaked stuff I've seen. That's why I said they looked decent. I haven't actually used any of them yet. Sorry, shoulda been more clear.
    09-28-2010 09:09 PM
    Right now, no. I really enjoy my iPhone and there's really only a couple of minor things I wished it did that it doesn't but nothing to make me want to change. The only reason I could see myself not having an iPhone is if I move or get a new job and can't get good AT&T service.
    09-28-2010 09:09 PM
    only the "SEABIRD" but looks like that wont be fishing for my money for a very long time if ever. Apple will probably be able to beat it by then so nope.
    09-28-2010 09:10 PM
    Depending on what Palm releases, possibly. Otherwise, I'll be sticking with iOS. I won't be going back to Android any time soon.
    09-28-2010 09:16 PM
    I'll have my current iPhone until next summer. Then I'll probably just get another iPhone. Don't want to bother learning a whole new platform. As long as Apple keeps up on keeping the iPhone technologically current with other smartphones, I'll probably stick with them until smellivision replaces television.
    09-28-2010 09:27 PM
    Ive learned never to say never, but this i4 is the best device Ive ever owned, and Ive owned A LOT of smartphones.
    09-28-2010 09:45 PM
    As a former blackberry user I would always say that I'll never be without a blackberry again. Now this has changed about 6 months ago when I got my first iPhone. I never suggested an iPhone to anyone, always go with blackberry. Now I cane be without my iPhone. This thing is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-28-2010 11:31 PM
    iPhone is nearly perfect, I am astonished the first time I see it.
    09-28-2010 11:57 PM
    iPhone is nearly perfect, I am astonished the first time I see it.
    I wouldn't go that far its great and much better then just about every other phone but its far from perfect
    09-29-2010 12:20 AM
    Right now I go back and forth between my B9000 and my iPhone 3gs. I can't see myselg going away from mt iPhone at all.
    09-29-2010 01:56 AM
    Those Galaxy S devices were seriously tempting me, but I tested one out and.. Yeah.. It's just not an improvement from the iPhone at all. It's not even close to equal in my opinion.
    09-29-2010 02:23 AM
    Those Galaxy S devices were seriously tempting me, but I tested one out and.. Yeah.. It's just not an improvement from the iPhone at all. It's not even close to equal in my opinion.
    Thank for confirming my suspicions!
    09-29-2010 02:33 AM
    I have had a couple BlackBerry's, the Tilt 2, a BackFlip, the Aria, iPhone 3G, 3GS, and now iPhone 4. There is no phone currently that would replace my iPhone as my day to day phone. I use my iPhone as my computer & communication device. My laptop is mostly just to sync and backup my iPhone with.

After integrating into iPhone and iTunes, it's hard to try to move to another platform. The iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware and the App Store and devs can't be beat. As Apple is forced to allow the apps to have more capabilities, they will leapfrog the competition. Apps just look better on the iPhone and the tools allow devs to have great looking UI's.

Someone who has never used an iPhone for any length of time may be able to switch to different smartphones but they never give the iPhone a real chance to show how great it is day to day. It's more than just a smartphone, it creates it's own experience that's still unparalleled by the competition.

I have an HTC Aria for work and while it's a great phone and is capable of doing most everything I need, it's nowhere near the iPhone and that carries to the Evo which is a more powerful, larger version if the Aria. They have all of the basics down and are great phones but they just don't offer the complete experience of the iPhone and iOS.
    09-29-2010 02:54 AM
    I have had a couple BlackBerry's, the Tilt 2, a BackFlip, the Aria, iPhone 3G, 3GS, and now iPhone 4. There is no phone currently that would replace my iPhone as my day to day phone. I use my iPhone as my computer & communication device. My laptop is mostly just to sync and backup my iPhone with.

After integrating into iPhone and iTunes, it's hard to try to move to another platform. The iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware and the App Store and devs can't be beat. As Apple is forced to allow the apps to have more capabilities, they will leapfrog the competition. Apps just look better on the iPhone and the tools allow devs to have great looking UI's.

Someone who has never used an iPhone for any length of time may be able to switch to different smartphones but they never give the iPhone a real chance to show how great it is day to day. It's more than just a smartphone, it creates it's own experience that's still unparalleled by the competition.

I have an HTC Aria for work and while it's a great phone and is capable of doing most everything I need, it's nowhere near the iPhone and that carries to the Evo which is a more powerful, larger version if the Aria. They have all of the basics down and are great phones but they just don't offer the complete experience of the iPhone and iOS.
    I would have to agree with you. Even though I still occasionally use my BB 9000, I keep going back to my 3gs. The thing that I really miss, is email push notifications without manually having to check for email. Other than that, I am looking forward to my next iPhone.
    09-29-2010 03:11 AM
    I came from a long line of blackberry and jumped right into the ip4. The only and I mean only thing I miss is the bbm, most of the other apps for iPhone just don't compare, but apart from that this thing is leaps and bounds above the competition I see.... Call it a perfect device? Very much closer to hitting that mark I find. Look at the competitors out there, all of them have to make several devices to compete with 1 iPhone. Bb brought out the Storm line and Android...well they get a new device every week.
    09-29-2010 05:37 AM
    The thing that I really miss, is email push notifications without manually having to check for email.
    Really? I get my email pushed to me.
    09-29-2010 09:04 AM
    I will never go back to any other phone. Iphone is the one for me. I can not put the damn thing down.
    09-29-2010 12:59 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD