Sync Contacts OTA

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have Google set up to sync with my iphone OTA I use a program called GO contact sync.

The problem I am having is two fold.

When I had it sync I noticed that just a few of my contacts were duplicated and some were not.

I also noticed that when I sent an email from Gmail it automatically adds the email address to my contacts and I do not want that to happen.

I used MobileMe before and when I had my Outlook contacts sync they duplicated and when I deleted the duplicates off the phone it removed it completely from Outlook and MobileMe.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thank you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why you are using a 3rd party contact sync app. Google syncs natively with your iPhone. I would try just syncing straight without GO.

You can set it up in your gmail account to not automatically add email addresses every time you send an email.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't work with Google without a third party app as I cannot get it to sync contacts at all! I had it set up and it didn't take my outlook contacts and sync it with Google it would only do the reverse! This 3rd party lets me set how I want to sync but I am still getting duplicates and that happened with MobileMe as well!

rsbing3

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried setting up your Gmail as an Exchange account? Do a Google search for "iphone gmail exchange setup". I would post a link but the forum won't let me.

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
On the iPhone 4 (I am not sure about previous versions of the software) both Yahoo and Google will sync mail, calendar and contacts. I have setup my Google accounts as exchange accounts and they seem to do a fine job - the only caveat being that all the contacts that Google learns automatically are not synced to the iPhone, only the once you have in "my contacts". Yahoo accounts sync mail and calendar automatically - to sync Yahoo contacts you have to setup CardDAV - I cannot post a link but you should be able to find it if you search for Yahoo and CardDAV.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Lazerbyte, as rsbing3 suggested, just set up your Google account as an Exchange account. The iPhone 4 (3GS, 3, and 2) work very well syncing contacts and calendar OTA with Google. Just follow the instructions found in the help tab on your gmail/contacts web page.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77