Tips for selling iPhone

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am upgrading today and am going to sell my iPhone 3GS - I am considering using gazelle to avoid any hassle, but think I could do better selling it privately. If I do a private sale, do I need to remove the SIM card? Is there any harm in leaving it in? Is there anything else I need to be careful about?

Thanks.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I would remove the sim card. Also make sure that you "Erase all content and Settings" before giving it up. This will delete all your data

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was going to say, if you can it will bring more money if it's jailbroken...if you know someone that can do it for you.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I sold my 3GS for 300 bucks yesterday. I did a restore, didn't include the SIM card and made a video demo of the phone on sale and posted it on YouTube. I posted that link in the ad. I also left a contact number so they can text or call. People aren't comfortable buying something off of craigslist without some way to contact the person.

I've never heard of gazelle.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
sold my 6 month old 3GS on ebay for almost $300 ... 288 + shipping to be exact... sold it no reserve, had lots of photos, included any cases I had for it, and let it run (usually a 1 day or 3 day auction is best) since no one really bids until the very end on those

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I just sold my 18-month old iPhone 3G 16GB Black for $193.50 on eBay (15 total bids). The phone is in like-new condition and I am shipping it in the original box with all the pack-ins. I'm pretty happy to get that kind of money for it. Pretty much paid for my new iPhone 4!

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was going to say, if you can it will bring more money if it's jailbroken...if you know someone that can do it for you.

Interesting. Why will it bring more jailbroken? My brother in law has a jailbroken phone, so he could help me with it. It was upgraded to iOS4, though, so I'll have to check if jailbreaks are available.

How do you determine condition? I think it's in good condition, but it's by no means out of the box perfect. There are no scratches or anything, but you can tell it's been out of the box. I'm always so nervous that I'll overstate the condition and disappoint someone.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I have gotten $750 & $350 last 2 years selling jailbroken and unlocked to san juan then australia last year. Never had a problem. Just have to put international shipping between $30-$40= to cover yourself.
I never updated 3GS beyond 3.1.2 software so i was able to unlock with Blacksn0w.
Directions are here and is very easy....for mac

http://www.tipb.com/2009/11/22/jailbreak-unlock-iphone-3g3gs-blacksn0w-mac-edition/

anjru0805

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking and unlocking usually brings more money because people believe you're doing something advanced and difficult to the phone (that they could never figure out how to do) to make it better and more usuable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2