Have you received your AT&T tracking number?

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine on premier because I have a fan discount on my at&t account and I do not have a tracking ## yet.. I placed my order at 9:30AM on 6/15/2010. This really makes me mad because there are a lot of others who have placed orders well after me and are still getting theirs before me.

hurwitzmm#WN

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Called....I'm backordered?

Ok, so my situation, like many others:

• Ordered at 11:27 EDT on the 15th
  • My Premier shows a 6/15 order date, last update on 6/17
  • My account shows a 6/16 order date.
  • I just called AT&T, automated response for order checking says mine is on back order.....
  • UGH!!!!:mad:

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This really makes me mad because there are a lot of others who have placed orders well after me and are still getting theirs before me.

I have to agree. ATT says they are processing orders in the order they were placed, but that does not seem to be the case. I looked at my order I printed off, and it was placed 6/15 @ 1230 CST. Well after yours. I got tracking info at about 330 CST today.

A friend of mine brought up an interesting theory, He placed his at 5am on the 15th. Again, mine shipped first. He said it is probably because his is the only phone on the plan, while I have 5 phones, including 2 iPhones. So his theory, is that ATT is shipping based on how much you pay per month.

While I doubt its true, and its good for people like me, its a bad way to do business in general. Should be first come first serve as they say it is.

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
ok, would anyone be able to tell me what the Various SIM is?
i am noticing that everyone has that on their order. i dont have it on mine.

Interesting, are you currently with AT&T and if so, does your current phone have a micro-sim. Thats the only reason I could think they would not ship one. The sim cards in the current iPhones will not work in the iP4, unless you modify them.

hurwitzmm#WN

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so my situation, like many others:

• Ordered at 11:27 EDT on the 15th
  • My Premier shows a 6/15 order date, last update on 6/17
  • My account shows a 6/16 order date.
  • I just called AT&T, automated response for order checking says mine is on back order.....
  • UGH!!!!:mad:

Has anyone else with the same situation called the automated system and gotten a response?

tsky74

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My order is also through Premier. I placed the order at 8 AM EST on 6/15, and got confirmation within 10 mins. However, looks like when AT&T attempted to process payment (on the 17th), my CC put my account on hold. I happened to call and found that out. So, now, there's funds pending and Chase has confirmed the $ amounts and it matches the AT&T cost, however, that's been pending since Thursday (6/17). I'm guessing, they are still processing orders, however, I'm betting I am now on the back order list. When I go to my AT&T account, I can "upgrade" my line, which is odd, seeing that this past weekend, I couldn't. I guess I will find out Thursday if I get a phone or not. No "cancellation" email from AT&T yet either, nor a tracking email.

tsky74

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else with the same situation called the automated system and gotten a response?

I called AT&T this morning and got a person, who really wasn't helpful, except for the fact that she said "all I can see in the system is that your order is still processing". Oh well.

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Not true.. I have 2 iPhones and 5 total lines on my account and still no tracking information.

I have to agree. ATT says they are processing orders in the order they were placed, but that does not seem to be the case. I looked at my order I printed off, and it was placed 6/15 @ 1230 CST. Well after yours. I got tracking info at about 330 CST today.

A friend of mine brought up an interesting theory, He placed his at 5am on the 15th. Again, mine shipped first. He said it is probably because his is the only phone on the plan, while I have 5 phones, including 2 iPhones. So his theory, is that ATT is shipping based on how much you pay per month.

While I doubt its true, and its good for people like me, its a bad way to do business in general. Should be first come first serve as they say it is.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm in the exact same sistuation as this (15'th order place at 1:50pm eat, premiere site says order placed 15'th, regular site says placed 16'th, except when I called the premiere number and check my order it says "my order has been processed and will ship shortly" Same message when I checked a couple days ago.

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not true.. I have 2 iPhones and 5 total lines on my account and still no tracking information.

Glad to see AT&T did not stoop to that level. But it still sucks these orders are not going out first come first serve!

Another question, when where you eligible to upgrade?

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T online order is still "Processing" as of 15 seconds ago. I guess, if nothing else, I should count my lucky stars it doesn't say "Qty. Backordered: 1"

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just read an article and this may be old news, but ATT is saying some orders were canceled due to a problem with the authorization process. I wonder if this 'problem' caused some early orders to get pushed back and then back-ordered.

I guess we could speculate all week though.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 32gb and a 16gb from the AT&T store on 6/15 at 6:00pm CST. I got my tracking numbers this morning, and my status changed to Shipped this afternoon. The ship dates are listed as the 19th and 20th. Fedex still has no info on the tracking numbers, though.

tmasopust

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My status

Ordered a 32gb from AT&T's Premier site around 12:30pm EST on the 15th. Got a confirmation email of the order at 12:33pm same day. The Premier site still shows up as "processing" and Date ordered "June 15th, 2010" The normal AT&T site says my order date was June 16th. The last time the status was updated was June 17th.

My concern is that I show no pending charge on my card. It's never been touched unlike some who say it was taken out and then re-credited.

insearchof

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh SNAP! It is shipped! but the funny thing is that all the other orders ive seen in this thread are FedEx is mine is being shipped via UPS. Maybe FedEx is overwhelmed with orders?

Late

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Mine still says backordered.....i'm pissed because I talked to another lady from AT&T and she said she isn't seeing a tracking number but a pre order reference number and that everything looks good to go on her end....it should be shipping out shortly....also that the reason it says backordered because her manager said that it would......WTF is going on here anyone experience this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77