0S4 Release?

jtimmerm

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think OS4 was going to be released until next week, but I already see folks commenting that they have in installed. Do I have this wrong?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The Gold Master was released. If you have a Mac you can find a download for iTunes 9.2 Beta, then find the iOS4 Gold Master and anyone can install it even without a developer UDID.

If you don't have a Mac, you (and I) are SOL.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
All the links I find for iTunes Beta 9.2 always take me to apples website and says for devs only. If someone already has the 9.2 and iOS4 could you post links....thanks

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The Gold Master was released. If you have a Mac you can find a download for iTunes 9.2 Beta, then find the iOS4 Gold Master and anyone can install it even without a developer UDID.

If you don't have a Mac, you (and I) are SOL.

Gold Master Candidate. While it is most likely the final build barring any showstopping bugs (and it's certainly not bug free from my testing, but the bugs are very very minor), it is about 99.9% final. I just don't want people installing something and then have to update again if something changes between now and the 21st, which is possible but not likely.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the GM candidate installed on my iPhone 3GS and it is awesome. I can never go back to 3.1.2 anyway, so why not enjoy it.

Question. Are you having wireless distance issues? I could walk about 50 feet or so and still have a wireless signal with 3.1.3 and with 4.0, I can't even reach half that distance. Also, when typing email or something similar (SMS not included), do you notice that while the cursor moves as you type, it doesn't always write the word until after you hit space? Words like the or and or cat are good, but something like remember doesn't show until I hit space. I'm not saying the word is the issue, just the length of characters.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The GM seed is for developers only. If you're not a dev, wait until the 21st. It's not that far away.

Anyone can install it as long as they have the iTunes 9.2 beta. GM is always free for anyone to install if they want, because it doesn't require registed UDID, unlike the Betas. Last year I installed the GM on my iPhone 3G for 3.0, but they don't have it for Windows this year >: [...

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I can't understand the hassle of trying so hard to get something that is going to be out in less than a week (now a few days). Maybe because I've been using iOS 4 for over 2 months now?

One thing that bugs me is this release doesn't seem quite as concrete as previous ones. No show stoppers, but I expect perfection from Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77