Rogers iPhone unknown caller

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPhone on Rogers and whenever I get a call from anybody even if they are in my phonebook it says uknown caller and doesn't give me any number to call back, is this normal?

AlecH

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Go to the Rogers website www.rogers.com, click on Wireless, and if you have an userid and password, logon to see what plan you have and what it includes. Alternatively call them on your phone, talk to a Rogers rep and see what's going on.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I called Rogers and they told me name display is $8 a month lmao, but I should have call display free (people in my contacts) right?

With call display turned on some handset will give you the name and number and some only the name. If the person is not in your contact, you only get the number without name display.

AlecH

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for late reply, have been on vacation for a few weeks.

To isolate the caller id problem, try putting your iPhone's SIM card into another GSM phone (preferably an unlocked phone, or phone on the Rogers network), and see if calls to that phone show the caller number info. If yes, its a problem on your iPhone. If no, then its a problem with the Rogers settings on your mobile phone account (which can only be fixed by Rogers).

You could also just go to your local Rogers store and tell them to 'make it work'.

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I didn't think Iphones pulled that info to display

that they only use the built in contacts for names

on ATT I never get a name even if a landline caller id would

is this just something ATT isn't sending?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2