Random shutdown on 3G running 3.1, has Apple addressed this yet?

joselskipper

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me or a few, but ever since I upgraded my iPhone 3G software to OS 3.1, the random shutdown started to occur. Twice a day the least. I called customer service and an Apple rep told me to just keep on "rebooting" the phone whenever that happens. I tried to empty the batter several times just to give the phone full battery cycles but the glitch is still there.

I mean rebooting is fine, but twice or thrice a day? How long will I have to do that? Is there someone that has the same problem on his/her iPhone 3G as I do? Thank you.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
No they have not. Welcome to the club. Check out the thread in Apple's support forms about it. Last I checked it had 1,500 posts and 160k views. I have this problem as well.

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I have this problem too. The only reliable workaround is to disable 3G and use EDGE while we wait for Apple to grace us with a fix.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
As I understand this only seems to be happening with the 3g phone. My son has the 1at gen and I have the 3gs both on 3.1 and no problems here.

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
As I understand this only seems to be happening with the 3g phone. My son has the 1at gen and I have the 3gs both on 3.1 and no problems here.

This is also happening to the 3GS. Several people I know that have the 3GS are experiencing this as well.

Unacceptable "fix" as my EDGE signal is now pretty bad in my area in favor of 3G.

I agree, I mean we pay more for the 3G data plan, and now we can't even use it because of this bug or whatever it is. We need a fix from Apple, not some annoying workaround.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It seems to effect the 3G the most but I also know 2 people with the 3GS that have this problem. There are plenty of 3GS users in Apple's forums also complaining about it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
My point is... So why the higher incidence in the 3g rather than the 3gs? Is it a speed of processor thing?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My point is... So why the higher incidence in the 3g rather than the 3gs? Is it a speed of processor thing?

No one even knows what causes it so hard to say. Apple surely will never say beyond releasing 3.1.1 that says "bug fixes".

duhneiz

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I had the issue bad with my 3g with 3.1... That and issue with the touch not being responsive...

Still a few issues with the touch not being as responsive as it should be... But it's way better on my new 3gs

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have no basis of comparison. My 3Gs (first iPhone) came with 3.1. The battery drains like crazy (faster than my previous Bold, which I thought went through the battery like crazy), but no random reboots as of yet. (*knocks on wood*)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2