Unibody HD OLED in 2010 A.D.!!!
    Last edited by zen; 08-14-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    08-14-2009 09:39 AM
    HD OLED Screen (that's larger than current screen) (800x480 minimum) 1.66 ratio

Background apps

HD Video recording 720p minimum

Live streaming Video

App sandbox (so app's can work with other apps)

Flash Support

64 gig RAM

5mp camera minimum

Multicore processor

802.11n

Front camera for iChat

Slingbox over 3g

Better battery life 12-16 hours multi-use

Unibody like the Macbooks
    Last edited by JimRobJones; 08-14-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    08-14-2009 10:04 AM
    I think they need to do more with the OS (i.e. allow background/multiple apps to run at once) and increase its speed before they start messing with the design.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-14-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Link Removed
    08-14-2009 10:16 AM
    What more is there really to be said when referring to optimization? I'm not talking about massive kernel work, just improvements to the things controlled by Apple. There is always room for coding improvement. For example, the soft keyboard is not always as responsive as it should be, even on an unjailbroken phone using the built-in applications. Often, I'll find that I type a few words and then I have to wait a couple seconds for the keyboard to catch up with my input. Then there are also the Safari, Mail, and iPod crashes I've experienced. Just little things like that are what I'm referring to.
    Seems to me that those kinds of fixes might result in a new "release" or "version" but would hardly rise to the level of a "new" OS. I expect many of those kinds of fixes in 3.1.

Good design involves many hard choices. Having been a Palm customer for ten years and an Apple customer for three, I would much rather be in Apple's hands.
    08-14-2009 11:39 AM
    HD OLED Screen (that's larger than current screen) (800x480 minimum) 1.66 ratio

Background apps

HD Video recording 720p minimum

Live streaming Video

App sandbox (so app's can work with other apps)

Flash Support

64 gig RAM

5mp camera minimum

Multicore processor

802.11n

Front camera for iChat

Slingbox over 3g

Better battery life 12-16 hours multi-use

Unibody like the Macbooks
    If you were my customer, the first thing that I would to with this list is to ask you to put it in rank order. Many of the things that are on this list are are achieved at the expense of other things on the list, e.g., apps in the background vs. better battery life. Others are expensive to add but might be rarely used. Good design is really hard. Well ordered requirements help a lot.
    Last edited by whmurray; 08-14-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    08-14-2009 11:44 AM
    i dont think the desing will change much cinse is flawless compared to other phones maybe they`ll add a front facing camera for video conference calls i think this will be a popular feature and maybe a bigger screen not that big like 4" maybe
    Punctuation, please.
    08-14-2009 11:47 AM
    People. None of these wish lists matter. APPLE DOES NOT CARE!!!!! They put out a "king of all phones" and it cannot send a MMS message. Cannot bluetooth a pic to another phone. Sad camera. No flash. JUST added video. They were banking on the app store to distract people from what the phone did not do, and it worked. They made an iPod that makes phone calls and sold a bazillion of them. There was a difference between iPhone and 3G. But between 3G and and 3GS.....not so much. Now before everyone brings up speed, get over it. I put my 3G and my wifes 3GS on the table, and you can not tell which one is which. She can shoot a video and talk to her phone. WOW. That makes it "new"?? I went from a Curve to the 3G, then back to the Curve after about 4 months. Couldn't get past all the things it couldn't do. Bought a Bold when they came out, and was blown away. Now that the app store has been around awhile, there are a few apps to "patch the holes" in the phone, and went back to it due to the Bold being a little on the big / heavy side. If Jobs cares, STOP WITH THE TINY!! Make it a little thicker, and put in a larger battery. Screen size isn't bad. I wish you could have your phone "go to sleep" with the page you were on, and a press of the home button "waking" it up. All the swiping gets old, and you have to have it time out after 1 minute to save the battery. Copy a picture into a album on the phone needs to be done. On my Bold, I could take a pic, name it, create a folder, name IT, and save the pic all without needing a computer. THAT is nice. THAT is a SMART PHONE!! This is SUPPOSED to be a computer in your pocket, yet it needs a computer to survive. Bluetooth syncing is a must. It should sync each time I get in range of my laptop. But then, the battery would only last about 10 minutes. All the apps that need your location are cool....but you have to go back and turn that off to save the battery. Did NOT have to do that with the Bold. And lastly, how about some colors?? It is only plastic for Christ's sake!! You can have an iPod in more colors that you need, and we get black and white. REAL creative.....
    08-14-2009 01:13 PM
    It seems like everyone wants a Zii or Tegra powered Iphone.
    08-19-2009 03:28 PM
    I just have to throw this in here one more time... front-facing camera that records HD video (while of course the back camera would do the same)..
    More RAM for more intense video editing (complex video editors are coming to the app store after 3.1, people!)..
    Unibody design..
    As someone who loves YouTube, the ability to record an HD video especially from a front-camera for blogging would be much-appreciated. I could put the iPhone in it's dock and use it like it were a MacBook..
    08-19-2009 07:41 PM
    Different colors! Although I might not ever stray away from black. Maybe a darker better black that doesn't look blue in the sun.
    08-21-2009 06:33 PM
    if anything it will be in different colors but I doubt anything special
    08-22-2009 01:08 AM
    I would like to see how can Apple improve the design!!!
    08-22-2009 06:55 AM
    Different colors! Although I might not ever stray away from black. Maybe a darker better black that doesn't look blue in the sun.
    I might like a matte black.
    08-22-2009 10:57 AM
    I would like to see how can Apple improve the design!!!
    Apple is a design company. It focuses on simple elegance executed in great materials. However, I expect to live with their decisions for a long time so I do not want to encourage change for change sake.
    08-22-2009 11:01 AM
    I'm disappointed that 3Gs looks similar like 3G.. Apple should improve the design, with bigger screen and attractive model/color etc, and also 5mp camera(front facing),HD recording...
    09-22-2009 03:58 AM
    I call thinner, matte texture on the back, and doubled storage. Oh and hopefully LTE compatibility...!

Doubt we'll see a front facing camera unless its for WiFi-only videoconferencing... Would be cool tho (:
    09-22-2009 06:31 PM
    there is no reason to change the look i love it the way it is. i doubt that there are going to be any big changed in 2010. probably more colors but that is it really i suspect
    09-22-2009 07:54 PM
    I agree. I don't think there is a reason to change the overall look of the iPhone. I believe the concept of the phone is perfect. Most of the other smartphone are copying the iPhone's design. The simple multiple screens of icons is great and simple to me. If there are any improvements to be made it would be to the performance and functionality of the applications. I would like to see multitasking, a full flashplayer for the browser, and HD video recording. With that said, I think the phone is the closest we are going to get to perfect when compared to any other smartphone on the market right now.
    09-22-2009 09:48 PM
    i would say work on the battery life, and multitasking is a must also push for all apps
    09-22-2009 10:45 PM
    i would say work on the battery life, and multitasking is a must also push for all apps
    What? Push is available for all apps, its up to the developer to take advantage of it
    09-22-2009 10:51 PM
    Looking forward for it!
    09-28-2009 11:12 AM
    I also heard a news like that before. But I am not sure if it a rumor. I am looking forward to know from apple if they really are going to release it.
    09-29-2009 06:41 AM
    It must be amazing to be working on the development of the new phones! What a great job that would be.
    09-29-2009 12:14 PM
    Maybe they'll finally have that prostate exam app with integrated iFingers that many have been waiting for?
    You owe me a new desktop screen, mine now has nasal-filtered coffee on it, thanks to you
    10-07-2009 04:10 PM
    I've never personally looked at an OLED screen like on the Zune HD but based on the videos that I've seen of it, the iPhone really needs it. Next to each other, the iPhone screen looks cheap.
    I'd like a better way to file and navigate through apps. It's too easy to have far too many screens to scroll through to get to an app at the other end. Stacks on the iPhone would be cool.
    10-07-2009 05:53 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD