WiFi not working

WesTCoasTMouA

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
My WiFi isnt working. When I try to connect to my network and it says Unable to join "name of network"

I read some other threads saying to restart your modem, I did that still does not work. Any ideas?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a separate router? Did you restart that as well? Also, which iPhone do you have and what OS is it running?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you restart the router too.

How you been able to connect to this wifi before and it just stopped working?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Try connecting to a different wifi, it could be your router, I return my first 3gs thinking the wifi was busted... The second one did the same, funny thing is my wife's 3g was working fine at home but my 3gs never connected, got a new router on ebay and it works fine now.
Reset network settings and try different wifi's....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try connecting to a different wifi, it could be your router, I return my first 3gs thinking the wifi was busted... The second one did the same, funny thing is my wife's 3g was working fine at home but my 3gs never connected, got a new router on ebay and it works fine now.
Reset network settings and try different wifi's....

Yeah I was also going to suggest trying to connect to a different wifi to make sure the Wifi is functional. Any free wifi spots around? coffee shop, airport, etc? You may also try resetting your router to reset any custom settings back to default before buying a new one. Did you setup the router or someone else? the router may be blocking based on Mac address means a new phone would have to be added to the router. There are many other settings it may only allow a certain amount of clients, ip, and Mac address like I said.

modset

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
More than likely, with the 3.0 software on your phone, you will probably need to update your firmware on your router. Had the same problem.

WesTCoasTMouA

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Wow guys and girls once again, I feel like a complete retard. It worked all this time but I just entered the wrong password for my connection. Thanks for all the help though. Gosh I feel like an idiot.:eek: