3GS Accelerometer died and other stuff

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I got my 3GS (first iPhone) on release day. It's worked fine up until this past week.

I spent Monday through today (just got home) in Las Vegas on vacation with my wife. During the middle of the week the following occurred: (1) my phone refused to go into landscape mode, (2) when I take pictures they will show up in the photo album upside down, (3) random apps (New York Times for one) start fine but quickly rotate 180 degrees, and (4) Facebook updates repeatedly (the "updating" note flashes on and off every few seconds and crashes randomly.

So...

While in Vegas, I stopped at the Apple store in Caesar's Palace. The manager looked at my phone and after resetting it and other stuff said "Yeah, you have a problem. The wait to see a "genius" is about 3 hours". Because I had dinner reservations with my wife, I couldn't wait.

Have any of you heard about issue(s) like these? Can I take the phone to an AT&T store given the circumstances or do I have to drive 45 - 50 minutes to the closest Apple store?

Thanks!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You can make an appointment online for a Genius at your closest store, that way you don't have to go and just wait and hope they have time to see you.

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I got an inCase Power Slider for my trip and have been using it. Do you think this could have somehow caused the problem?

BTW, I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. While I'm certain that the situation will be remedied, I'm very disappointed to have a problem with the almighty iPhone after having had zero problems with other multiple pda phones over the years.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I got an inCase Power Slider for my trip and have been using it. Do you think this could have somehow caused the problem?

BTW, I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. While I'm certain that the situation will be remedied, I'm very disappointed to have a problem with the almighty iPhone after having had zero problems with other multiple pda phones over the years.

Put it this way..... There is a good chance you will get a new iPhone.:)

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Put it this way..... There is a good chance you will get a new iPhone.:)

So, are you saying the Power Slider is an issue or that Apple will make it right?

If it's the latter, that's fine; however, I'd prefer a phone that works as it's advertised to. I have to take at 2+ hours out of my day tomorrow for this. I just got back home from my trip and would prefer spending it uninterrupted with my kids.

Oh well...it's a great gadget when it works.

mickeykool

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Quick question,

Do you have to have the receipt if you need to get a replacement or its all in the system?

I have a one year warranty from Apple and just wondering about this.

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Quick question,

Do you have to have the receipt if you need to get a replacement or its all in the system?

I have a one year warranty from Apple and just wondering about this.

I just took my phone. I assume everything is in the system. I've only had my phone 29 or so days.

Do yourself a favor...make an appointment on line so you won't have to wait three hours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2