NOTE: Running iPhone 3.0 beta 2 on a 3GS.

Well I got excited since I have not read of anyone sending MMS without hacking.

My SMS stopped working. Tried to send a few SMS and it kept failing so I rebooted my iPhone and SMS worked again.

Then since I know when at&t sends updates to your phone you have reboot so I decided to send an MMS to my girlfriend and it went through! I then sent to my email and it also went through.

Later I tried again and it stopped working? So not sure WTF is going on.

* I got a confirmation from one person with an iPhone 3GS on 3.0 that they received the MMS from a weird 850 area code number
    * I was able to send to my email address via MMS (see pic below)
    * I was not able to receive a forward back from the iPhone 3GS 3.0 iPhone that received my MMS
    * The other iPhone 3GS on my plan still can not send MMS after a reboot. Maybe they are doing it by number and not account?
    Here are some screens
    Last edited by Justin; 07-15-2009 at 09:08 PM.
    07-15-2009 09:03 PM
    That's weird..
    07-15-2009 09:45 PM
    I can't wait for it tobr fully released for the 3g.
    07-15-2009 10:22 PM
    They new you were a dev and did it to tease you.
    07-15-2009 10:50 PM
    They new you were a dev and did it to tease you.
    Yeah, the bastards!
    07-15-2009 11:25 PM
    Samae post and pics were on Macrumors, so are you or that guy the originator of this theory?

Or are you the same person.?? Me thinks your the same Dizzy from there?
    at&t turns on my MMS on 3.1 beta 2...and then turns it off - Mac Forums

Hahaha good find, I just happend to literally read both these posts within minutes of each other.
    07-16-2009 12:00 AM
    i can't believe At&t is still holding back on this its getting sad now.
    07-16-2009 07:22 AM
    Samae post and pics were on Macrumors, so are you or that guy the originator of this theory?

Or are you the same person.?? Me thinks your the same Dizzy from there?
    at&t turns on my MMS on 3.1 beta 2...and then turns it off - Mac Forums

Hahaha good find, I just happend to literally read both these posts within minutes of each other.
    Yeah, that's him. BadAsh gave him **** yesterday for not posting this thread here first, he did it on Macrumors first.
    07-16-2009 07:24 AM
    i can't believe At&t is still holding back on this its getting sad now.
    Yeah, I know. Pathetic, ATT. Sad.
    07-16-2009 07:25 AM
    Went to an AT&T and they said it wasn't them, it was Apple holding back on MMS.

Ha.
    07-16-2009 08:36 AM
    Wish they would turn it on already. Btw, your phone number is exposed in the email pic. Didn't know if yo cared or not
    07-16-2009 08:39 AM
    Prank calls!!!!!
    07-16-2009 08:48 AM
    That's not his number he said that it showed up from a weird number on his website.
    07-16-2009 08:48 AM
    Yeah, I just read that over at Macrumors forums. That's strange how some other phone number is in there like that. If that is like that, how would you reply to that MMS?
    07-16-2009 08:51 AM
    Maybe it forwards it to his number???
    07-16-2009 08:52 AM
    What, the ATT server forwards it? So that's ATT's number or something?
    07-16-2009 08:53 AM
    Was just a guess dizzy did you try to reply to that number??
    07-16-2009 08:55 AM

Ha.
    no way its apple holding back people in other markets with capable carriers are already using mms.
    07-16-2009 09:40 AM
    Hey, that's my number!
    07-16-2009 09:40 AM
    No that's MY number LOL.
    07-16-2009 09:47 AM

Yeah, that's me. Next time I'll just post my wild speculation here as the people on MacRumors are a bit too aggressive when people share wild speculation.

Maybe it forwards it to his number???
    Was just a guess dizzy did you try to reply to that number??
    No, I didn't. But the MMS alert my girlfriend got on her phone came in with the same number as I got to my email. My guess is "the lines just got crossed" with some other random number. Maybe a number of a at&t test phone or something?

Yeah, that's him. BadAsh gave him **** yesterday for not posting this thread here first, he did it on Macrumors first.
    Actually he didn't really even give me #$%$ for not posting here, I think he honestly just felt bad for me for making the mistake of posting it there at all and I have to agree with him

I have 3 good excuses for not posting here right away
    1) I didn't want to lose cred here posting wild speculation
    2) I was so flustered with trying to update my blog with test while testing at the same time it just slipped through the cracks.
    3) I alerted the iPhone blog of my find so I felt like I had already "posted" to the forums

Take your pick
    Last edited by Justin; 07-16-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    07-16-2009 09:51 AM
    Ha! I see that thread over at Macrumors, but I really don't pay attention to that place too much. I like only two places there, the Apps and the iPhone threads.

Are they going off on you over there?
    07-16-2009 11:31 AM
    Ha! I see that thread over at Macrumors, but I really don't pay attention to that place too much. I like only two places there, the Apps and the iPhone threads.
    Yeah, I usually only post in the news story threads to discuss something they posted. I have a lot more fun over here as I'm sure you can tell by my post count :P

Are they going off on you over there?
    Actually, they were worse when my MMS was working and I was posting pictures to the original post. When it stopped working people seemed more cool about it...strange?

One other guy saying he was from the South Florida area (same as me) also posted that his was working for a bit and then stopped, so that may have helped. Then a few other people said they had it working, but after the first guy the other ones seemed a bit sarcastic.
    07-16-2009 11:42 AM

Ha.
    Probably the worst info to provide, as its wrong. Considering every other iPhone market has MMS services. So, no Apple isnt holding back, they fibbed to you.
    07-16-2009 01:11 PM
    sounds to me like they're testing

how is this a bad thing?
    07-16-2009 01:17 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD