at&t turned on my MMS...then turned it off

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Samae post and pics were on Macrumors, so are you or that guy the originator of this theory? :D

Hahaha good find, I just happend to literally read both these posts within minutes of each other.

Yeah, that's me. Next time I'll just post my wild speculation here as the people on MacRumors are a bit too aggressive when people share wild speculation.

Maybe it forwards it to his number???

Was just a guess dizzy did you try to reply to that number??

No, I didn't. But the MMS alert my girlfriend got on her phone came in with the same number as I got to my email. My guess is "the lines just got crossed" with some other random number. Maybe a number of a at&t test phone or something?

Yeah, that's him. BadAsh gave him **** yesterday for not posting this thread here first, he did it on Macrumors first. :D

Actually he didn't really even give me #$%$ for not posting here, I think he honestly just felt bad for me for making the mistake of posting it there at all and I have to agree with him :eek:

I have 3 good excuses for not posting here right away :D
1) I didn't want to lose cred here posting wild speculation
2) I was so flustered with trying to update my blog with test while testing at the same time it just slipped through the cracks.
3) I alerted the iPhone blog of my find so I felt like I had already "posted" to the forums

Take your pick :p

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Ha! I see that thread over at Macrumors, but I really don't pay attention to that place too much. I like only two places there, the Apps and the iPhone threads.

Are they going off on you over there? :D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Ha! I see that thread over at Macrumors, but I really don't pay attention to that place too much. I like only two places there, the Apps and the iPhone threads.

Yeah, I usually only post in the news story threads to discuss something they posted. I have a lot more fun over here as I'm sure you can tell by my post count :p

Are they going off on you over there? :D

Actually, they were worse when my MMS was working and I was posting pictures to the original post. When it stopped working people seemed more cool about it...strange?

One other guy saying he was from the South Florida area (same as me) also posted that his was working for a bit and then stopped, so that may have helped. Then a few other people said they had it working, but after the first guy the other ones seemed a bit sarcastic.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
NOTE: Running iPhone 3.0 beta 2 on a 3GS.

Well I got excited since I have not read of anyone sending MMS without hacking.

My SMS stopped working. Tried to send a few SMS and it kept failing so I rebooted my iPhone and SMS worked again.

Then since I know when at&t sends updates to your phone you have reboot so I decided to send an MMS to my girlfriend and it went through! I then sent to my email and it also went through.

Later I tried again and it stopped working? So not sure WTF is going on.
If you never bothered to change your regular iPhone texting plan to a regular non-iPhone messaging plan, trust me, you should be glad they turned it off! They will charge you $0.30 per MMS if you don't change your plan like I said above. Believe me, I saw this happen on my bill when I also had MMS working momentarily like you. 2 MMS's were sent and I was charged $0.60 before I enabled the regular non-iPhone unlimited messaging plan. Now I'm not charged for each MMS as I've had mine working flawlessly since March. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77