iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Will apple be coming back out with another update soon to fix all of the issues people hace been complaining about? The fact that I delete emails and they show up in iPhones new search function bugs the hell out of me !!!!

In true Apple fashion I am willing to bet the house there will be a 3.1. The 3.1will probably have the MMS and Techering included in it as well.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
In true Apple fashion I am willing to bet the house there will be a 3.1. The 3.1will probably have the MMS and Techering included in it as well.

How do we find out when that will be available will there be an announcement?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There will probably be 47 threads about it in addition to it being on the front page. Just keep checking here. ;)

orich

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Slower, less battery life

I have noticed apps opening significantly slower, even native ones. Also, I used to end the day with more than 75% battery life. Now, it ends just above 50%. I upgraded without wiping the iphone first. Maybe I should try that.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I have noticed apps opening significantly slower, even native ones.

I have noticed that many of my Apps are not as smooth as they use to be when they opened. They are a little "jumpy". Also QuickOffice needs to do a quick update. Last night it did NOT like the landscape keyboard!:confused: It seems to be better today, but last night it was really messed up.

Overall though I am quite happy with 3.0!:D

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's weird all the little quirks everyone is noticing. My emails were all being delivered twice. When I looked under settings, my exchange email account was there...twice. Funny.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
It's weird all the little quirks everyone is noticing. My emails were all being delivered twice. When I looked under settings, my exchange email account was there...twice. Funny.

How about all of the emails that are still showing up in the new search function, that have been "deleted"?

Trevwebb

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Some feedback

:mad: Hey all really hope someone can assist me. Updated iTunes to 8.2 so that I could update to 3.0. Downloaded 230 meg of update and attempted to update my iPhone. Update crashed and now iTunes will not even see iPhone ... also cant get iPhone to do anything other than get "connect to iTunes " icon on screen. What now - and why do we as consumers tolerate nonsense like this ?!

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
For lack of a better term, **** happens. No tech company can promise that everything will work perfect.

Your phone is in recovery mode. With the "connect to itunes" message on your iphone, plug it into your PC with iTunes open. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click the restore button.

If that doesn't work, try putting your phone into DFU mode and then do a restore again.

Here's a page that describes how to put a phone into DFU.

Here's a good youtube video that walks you through the process.

Last edited:

Trevwebb

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Matt
Thanks for the comment. I have tried this but iTunes still does not see the phone and nothing happens after the screen goes dark/ turns off? I have held the home button down for 6 minutes the last time before figured it wasnt helping....Anything else I should try?

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
cant leave the call screen

Ok, read thru almost all of this thread and didnt see anything about it, but I noticed today after upgrading to 3.0 and jailbreaking, that I couldnt leave my phone call to go to any other apps?!?!

I held down the home button forever, nothing, whats the point of having 3g/voice and data if I cant get out of my phone call screen to get to my other stuff on my phone???

Has anyone else had this trouble??

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Ok, read thru almost all of this thread and didnt see anything about it, but I noticed today after upgrading to 3.0 and jailbreaking, that I couldnt leave my phone call to go to any other apps?!?!

I held down the home button forever, nothing, whats the point of having 3g/voice and data if I cant get out of my phone call screen to get to my other stuff on my phone???

Has anyone else had this trouble??

You held the button down?
Or pressed it once...?
Holding it down won't do anything.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wifi is dropping, the whole device is definitely less snappy, and I got mixed up icons on some apps. Some crash too.

The slowdown is due to several new processes running in the background (spotlight and accessory daemons), as well as bigger memory usage (about 40 megs were free on average with 2.2.1, now its more like 34 megs. That`s a big difference on 128 MB machine).

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I've been noticing lately that when I receive a text or email, my phone doesn't always make an alert sound (even with it OFF silent) and sometimes it won't even vibrate.

Anyone else experiencing this..?

DarrenWilson

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
You are not the only one with the intermittent sound notification issues. Was working perfectly fine before the 3.0 update. Since then I have had roughly two or three times an hour, that I have recieved a text or email and no sound made. Have even shown missed calls because of this (no vibrate notification either). Have called AppleCare and they basically just said to do a full restore - which was the first thing I done. This is already a replacement handset (3G) and I have better things to do than to keep going back to the local Apple store to swap it out every 3 months!
Battery life is also much worse, even with PUSH disabled. I have also noticed that I am getting a lot more dropped calls as well than what I did before.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
So I just restarted my phone, because I like to do it once a week or so.
Turns out I have 4 new voicmails now...??
Apparently they just never showed up on my phone. Well isn't that just dandy.
One being my brother, another my boss, and also a company that was SUPPOSED to come and install my carpet. Guess what? It's not installed. haha. Wow.

I hope all of these fixes are addressed in 3.1...

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Just a couple minutes ago a landscape keyboard came up on my ipod for a couple seconds and would not go away.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Another problem with the messaging app.

Sometimes when you start typing, it bumps up a line so that is is hidden. The problem is before 3.0, you could scroll through your text to see what you put, and now you can't. The only way to see what is "up there" is to erase what you typed.
Oh, and I'm still not happy about the fact that it covers the enter screen if you write a long text. I need to know what the other person said if I'm replying to multiple parts...