why does my iphone 3.0 not have push notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newdeal

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering but I searched my phone for the push settings screen and after looking here I realise that there should be an option in settings under the carrier option. I have an iphone 3g on Rogers and there is no option there...did they take this out of iphone 3.0? Did the options just disappear and its always on? Or did Rogers screw us again?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
No noone screwed you but you, you need an app with push for push. Push isnt magical, you need an app that allows it. Random things just dont push. Get AP News or Textfree, they push, test'em out. Once you open AP for example, it says it'd like to use push, go to settings and configure.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
That push setting was moved under Mail,Calender,Contacts menu ( it might not be in M,Cal,Con order )... but under that settings.

gludington

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
I have the AP news app, and post 3.0, it did ask me to accept notifications. I did, and checking the settings shows notifications enabled globally and for this app. However, a half day later, I have yet to receive any notifications. Has anybody?

geminijsc

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I think you mean this feature..Mine doesn't have it either..Is this a 3G S only feature??

Notifications

iphone_30_icon_push_notification1Push Notifications gets its own top level button in Beta 3 and as of Beta 5 and Apple beginning Push Notification testing, not only can users globally or individually enable or disable Sounds, Alerts (text boxes), and/or Badges, but each app gets its own sub-screen to do likewise. (i.e. if you want Twitter to badge but not alert, IM to sound but not badge, etc. you can have it your way).

iphone_30_settings_notificationsiphone_30_settings_notifications_oniphone_30_settings_notifications_app_options

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2