View Poll Results: Happy with iPhone 3.0 features?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...

142 91.03%
  • No...

14 8.97%
    So you all know already what the new features are... happy or not and why?!
    03-17-2009 02:39 PM
    happy wanted to sell my iphone on ebay now i'm keeping it
    03-17-2009 02:42 PM
    Kinda', but wanted video recording...
    I'm happy because it's more than what we have now.
    Hell Yeh!
    Most definitely. Copy/paste and MMS, WOOT! Potential turn-by-turn and push notifications were the ones I really wanted and they're in!
    03-17-2009 02:43 PM
    I am absolutely happy as can be. Landscape keyboard. Universal Search. Copy/Paste. That has my name all over it.
    All that's really left now is Video and Flash!
    Yeah, cover most of the hater/fanboy stuff like Copy and Paste, MMS, landscape mode, etc

Plus a lot more APIs for devs, which means there will be more apps that haven't even been thought up yet!

Oh, and I get to download it today Although most of the cool stuff won't really come into play until it's public.
    got more then i was expecting. I was only hoping for mms but got cut/paste, search in apps(spotlight). very happy

my gf has a touch, is it worth it for a touch to upgrade to 3.0???
    03-17-2009 02:44 PM
    I just want the phone to be normal. I'm tired of waiting for it to catch up to what other cheap phones already do. Yes, the iPhone has wonderful features, but the everyday tasks that everyone with a cheap phone can do are absent still. This 3.0 update is a joke. Where is the video? Where is FLASH? Where are MMS for the first generation iPhone?
    03-17-2009 02:44 PM
    so question - when they say "old iphone" do they mean 3G or the one before that?
    03-17-2009 02:45 PM
    I'm very happy Copy/Paste, MMS, Calendar subscriptions, SIMS 3!! (ok, that isn't really Apple's doing, but I'm still excited), spotlight... all exciting stuff!
    03-17-2009 02:53 PM
    I expected more about MobileMe, but I pretty much got everything I needed!
    03-17-2009 02:54 PM
    so question - when they say "old iphone" do they mean 3G or the one before that?
    Well, since a phone newer than the 3G hasn't been announced, then they are referring to the 1st generation.
    03-17-2009 02:54 PM
    well at&t already said they aren't big on edge anymore so of course the first iphone isn't going to get much love
    03-17-2009 02:55 PM
    I'm happy it's more than it was but unhappy that there was no announcement of wifi sync or category/folder organization for apps.
    03-17-2009 02:56 PM
    iPhone 3.0 (finally) = Treo 650

In all seriousness they have some 'neat' features like peer to peer data support and push notifications. Hopefully push notifications will result in a Google email push notification "app." Considering writing it myself if I can.

All it would take is access to the Google API and interface with an iPhone app that would launch email when you select it.
    03-17-2009 02:57 PM
    I meant "MobileMe compatibility." I realize it wasn't a MobileMe preview.
    03-17-2009 02:57 PM
    I'm happy to an extent.

Everyone is jumping up and down about turn-by-turn GPS. But with the new subscription stuff and charging for DLC in the app store how long do you think it will take before people see that most companies will probably want to charge you a montly fee for their GPS software (like AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint already do for all their other phones; ~$9.99/month). Google maps works fine for me, and you can be sure any GPS software that has a subscription fee will not be on my iPhone and I'm sure all the people who are freaking out right now will be leaving their 1 star reviews complaining that they have to pay.

I'm also affraid of being nickle and dimed at every turn now in the app store, I will be very upset if stuff starts costing $1 just to see something, use a new item in a game, or get an update. I may be ditching a lot of apps and become even more hesitant to pay for apps if this takes shape. The model they showed off looks even worse than some of the DLC Microsoft tries to charge for on Xbox LIVE; and I won't be any part of it.

TBH a lot of the features they are adding I will never use. Push notifications will be nice but I was hoping for better notification system overall, better app management, and stuff like that. I would say I am most happy for landscape keyboard in all the "key" apps now, that's how little I care for most of the other features.
    Last edited by sting7k; 03-17-2009 at 03:04 PM.
    03-17-2009 03:01 PM
    I am extremely happy about the features. I was anxiously sitting in class all day today, just to check what was released!

Can anyone share more info/answer a few questions for me?

1. Does anyone know a real release date?
    2. New iPhone or just a software update?

I'd love to know!

Apple really knows how to get people excited.

I'm stoked.
    03-17-2009 03:05 PM
    iPhone 3.0 (finally) = Treo 650
    Well, a Treo 650 that is what I have now. I bought an iPhone (1.0) long ago and returned it because of lack of Cut/Paste and Global Search.
    Now that the iPhone does those two functions that I use all the time (plus other stuff), the dilemma is whether I should wait for the Pre or buy the new iPhone 3.0 and try it out.
    03-17-2009 03:07 PM
    I am extremely happy about the features. I was anxiously sitting in class all day today, just to check what was released!

Can anyone share more info/answer a few questions for me?

1. Does anyone know a real release date?
    2. New iPhone or just a software update?

I'd love to know!

Apple really knows how to get people excited.

I'm stoked.
    1. All we know is "summer"
    1. This event was to announce the new software. If there will be a new iPhone, it has not yet been announced.
    03-17-2009 03:10 PM
    Hell yes...

Aside from video recording, bbm (which is near impossible and will probably never happen) and the long hold (Summer! which can mean August), I got everything I wanted.
    03-17-2009 03:18 PM
    1. All we know is "summer"
    1. This event was to announce the new software. If there will be a new iPhone, it has not yet been announced.
    Thank you for the reply. I'd love a new iPhone to come out, but it'd be nice for it to just be a software update (Only got mine in December, and bought it full price, $421 total). Maybe they'll release a new iPhone, and have the software update cost money?

I'm stillll super psyched.
    03-17-2009 03:21 PM
156 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD